16.Lin retaliated, Zhang Yi directly attacked

Zhang Yi sat on the sofa, yawning out of sheer boredom.

While others were enduring the harsh weather conditions outside, he lived in comfort that rivaled heaven itself.

His home boasted the most perfect insulation system and an abundance of fuel, ensuring that his safe haven maintained a constant, comfortable temperature throughout the year.

There was nothing more for him to do except ensure that every day was a happy one.

On the television, there were no interesting programs to watch at the moment.

Various live broadcasts had been suspended due to the extreme cold.

After all, the beautiful female streamers he usually enjoyed watching wouldn't tolerate temperatures ranging from negative sixty to seventy degrees Celsius, or even over a hundred degrees, while wearing skimpy clothing and dancing.

If someone actually did that, Zhang Yi could only give them a thumbs-up and say, "What a tough person!"

He opened his own pocket dimension, which contained a variety of gaming consoles and 3A blockbuster games.

Whether it was a PS5, Switch, or Xbox, he had several hundred brand-new, unopened units of each.

As for game cartridges, he had tens of thousands of them.

Zhang Yi took out a brand-new PS5 and connected it to his enormous 100-inch Sony television. He started playing the latest 3A action game of the year, "Devil Huntress 3."

He also had games like "Elden Ring," "The Witcher 3," and "Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice" on hand.

If he wanted to pass the time, these were all excellent choices.

If he felt the game duration was too short, there were games like "Civilization" and "Cities: Skylines," which could keep him entertained for a long time.

With no need to worry about work or worldly affairs in the future, this kind of life was even better than what he had before the apocalypse!

Since he was at home, Zhang Yi was dressed in his pajamas as he snacked and played games, thoroughly enjoying himself.

After a while, his phone rang.

Zhang Yi casually picked it up and saw that it was the annoying neighborhood committee member, Aunt Lin, mentioning him in a group chat.

"Zhang Yi, the roads outside are all blocked by heavy snow now. Get ready to come out with your tools and help clear the snow!"

Her words carried an authoritative tone.

Zhang Yi also noticed that she was calling on everyone to go out and clear the snow together in the group chat, but the response was minimal.

Unexpectedly, she had directly singled him out.

Zhang Yi looked at the heavy snow outside, which had almost completely covered an entire floor of the building.

Clearing three meters of heavy snow with human power was nearly impossible.

He also knew that this snowstorm would last for at least another three months.

Going out to clear the snow now would be futile.

Zhang Yi immediately declined, "It's so cold outside that I'd turn into an ice popsicle in no time. Even if I go out to clear the snow, it should be after the snow stops."

Others chimed in, "Yeah, it's more than seventy degrees below zero outside. Going out for a while could lead to frostbite."

"We're not in the northeast, and we don't even have proper cold-resistant gear. How can we go out?"

Aunt Lin became agitated. "What's wrong with your attitude? Clearing snow is a public service and is for everyone's benefit. Some people are nitpicking over such trivial matters and lack a spirit of dedication!"

"These people are simply troublemakers in our homeowners' group!"

"If you don't want to do it, then don't, but there are plenty of people who will. Their commitment is much higher than yours."

"And, I'm not singling out certain individuals. There's no need to mention each one individually. I hope you all understand and don't misinterpret my intentions!"

"If anyone continues to spread slander about me, I'll report it to the police!"

Aunt Lin's explanations seemed to make the situation worse.

Especially the part about reporting it to the police made Zhang Yi burst into laughter.

Other homeowners were starting to get a bit scared. The timid ones had already gone out with their tools to clear the snow.

But now, Zhang Yi wasn't afraid of her at all.

Ignoring the fact that her behavior was unreasonable, the police would never support her in this situation.

Moreover, she seemed to think that all the usual societal mechanisms were still functioning normally, which was far from the truth.