37.Killing the door is coming

Driven by their hatred for Zhang Yi and their desire for his house, the two plastic sisters quickly formed an impromptu alliance.However, they had to carefully plan how to seize Zhang Yi's house since they knew that they couldn't overpower him alone. Even under normal circumstances, the two of them combined couldn't match Zhang Yi's strength. Now, in their weakened state due to hunger and cold, and with Zhang Yi still in good condition, they needed an external force to succeed."Trying to take the house by force won't work. We can't defeat Zhang Yi alone. We need reinforcements," Lin Cainin suggested.Even in normal times, neither of them could defeat Zhang Yi. Moreover, in their current weakened state, Zhang Yi was well-fed and energetic, while they were cold and hungry.Lin Cainin clenched her teeth. "What if we gather some neighbors to help us?"Upon hearing this, Fang Yushan shot Lin Cainin a cold glance. "Are you naive? Zhang Yi's resources in that house won't be enough for everyone. The fewer people who know about this, the better."Lin Cainin looked anxious. "So, what do you suggest we do?"Fang Yushan smiled and said, "We can call Zhou Peng for help!"Zhou Peng was Fang Yushan's loyal follower who obeyed her every command. While Zhang Yi had also tried to win Fang Yushan's favor, he had enough sense not to be manipulated by her.But Zhou Peng was a brainless fool, blindly devoted to Fang Yushan. He might even be willing to die for her.So Fang Yushan decided to use Zhou Peng to help them seize Zhang Yi's house.Lin Cainin clapped her hands in approval. "That's a great idea! The loyal follower is always useful."Fang Yushan called Zhou Peng immediately.By now, Zhou Peng was starving. As a warehouse employee, he had some food at home, but most of it had been given to Fang Yushan.Zhou Peng didn't realize that Fang Yushan was just using him. He believed that he had made significant sacrifices for her and that she would eventually marry him.When Zhou Peng saw Fang Yushan's call, he forgot about his hunger and cold, rushing to her side excitedly.When he arrived at Fang Yushan's house, she immediately approached him with a pitiful expression, telling him about how Zhang Yi had mistreated her."Sob, sob, sob. Zhang Yi is a terrible person! I only asked him for some food, and he wanted me to sleep with him.""You know me, Zhou Peng, I'm not that kind of woman!"As Zhou Peng saw Fang Yushan, teary-eyed and wronged, he felt an immense sense of satisfaction. "Why does she always come to me when she needs help? Clearly, I hold a special place in her heart. Maybe this is love!"He thought it was his chance to prove his manliness and win Fang Yushan's heart. Maybe he could even have her.So he boldly declared, "Zhang Yi is a scoundrel! How dare he do that to you? I'll take care of him for you!"Seeing Zhou Peng's agreement, Fang Yushan then said, "But you must be careful. Zhang Yi is a selfish and cunning man. If we try to confront him, he might strike back. So we need to be armed when we go there, and it's better if we act preemptively."Lin Cainin, who had prepared some tools, added, "In my opinion, we should just kill him. He's caused us so much suffering."She harbored the deepest hatred for Zhang Yi, especially after she sent him intimate photos, only to be ridiculed as "too dark" by him.Zhou Peng hesitated upon hearing the suggestion to kill Zhang Yi. The idea of murder was not easy to accept, even in a post-apocalyptic world where moral values had eroded. Fang Yushan noticed his hesitation and shot him a reproachful look. "What, you don't agree?"Zhou Peng quickly assured her, "No, no, don't be upset, Yushan. I'll do whatever you say."As long as he could gain Fang Yushan's favor, he was willing to commit murder if necessary.Fang Yushan said, "Good, let's not waste time. We should go now.""Once we're there, we'll find a way to trick Zhang Yi into opening the door. As soon as he does, we..."She made a throat-slitting gesture to illustrate her point.Lin Cainin had brought some weapons, including two kitchen knives and a steel pipe, which they planned to use. Zhou Peng took one of the knives and concealed it under his thick down jacket.With their preparations complete, they set off for Zhang Yi's house.When they reached Zhang Yi's door, Fang Yushan and Lin Cainin stood to the sides, weapons ready, trying to avoid being seen through the peephole.The two exchanged a glance and signaled Zhou Peng to knock on the door and lure Zhang Yi outside.Zhou Peng nodded, his hand trembling as he reached for the doorknob."Zhang Yi, are you home? It's Zhou Peng!" he called out.Hearing Zhou Peng's voice, Zhang Yi grew curious. "Zhou Peng?"While both had worked at the warehouse, their relationship wasn't friendly. They had clashed before, particularly over their mutual pursuit of Fang Yushan.Zhang Yi had a feeling that Zhou Peng's visit would bring trouble – after all, in this post-apocalyptic world, there was rarely any good news.Instead of opening the door, Zhang Yi turned on his monitor to check the security cameras.As expected, he saw the scene outside his door: two women hiding, each holding a knife or a pipe, their faces filled with murderous intent.Even though he had prepared for this moment, the cold-blooded determination in their eyes sent shivers down his spine."Trying to kill me? You think you can?" Zhang Yi sneered, his dark eyes exuding a chilling aura.He understood that the outcome was far from certain, and the question remained: who would kill whom?