21.White Lotus with Green Tea

Among the community of homeowners, one could still see Aunt Lin chattering away.

"Have you all seen the news? Our country has the power to handle this snow disaster completely!"

"Don't worry; all problems will be solved."

"Um, if anyone's in need of supplies, let's all try to help each other. After all, this snow disaster will pass soon; there's no need to hoard supplies."

However, the responses to her were few and far between.

Clearly, after two days, there was no sign of the snow disaster ending, and many people were starting to worry.

Fang Yuqing sent another message to Zhang Yi.

"Zhang Yi, are you okay?"

Zhang Yi raised an eyebrow. Fang Yuqing probably thought she had been taken care of by Chen Zhenghao.

But he didn't think Fang Yuqing had good intentions.

"I'm fine."

"Oh, that's good."

Fang Yuqing was actually a bit disappointed inside.

But soon, she said, "We're out of food at home. I remember you bought a lot of stuff. Can you give me some?"

"Next time, I'll treat you to a meal (ღ✪v✪)ღ"

A hint of a smirk played on Zhang Yi's lips.

Sure enough, this woman had a purpose in approaching him.

He remembered the last time they went shopping at the supermarket, Fang Yuqing and Lin Caining had also bought some things.

Although not as much as he did, it shouldn't have run out in just two days.

"Oh, you're talking about stuff from a long time ago. I didn't keep those things at home, and we don't have much in the house, to be honest."

Fang Yuqing still didn't give up.

"How about giving me a few packs of instant noodles? Can't you spare any? You're in charge of the warehouse; don't you have enough at home?"

Zhang Yi was quite composed.

"There really are no instant noodles left. Look, this is all I can eat on a regular basis."

He took a picture of the table, showing the Oodles of Noodles and steaks on top and sent it to Fang Yuqing.

On the other end, Fang Yuqing, seeing the photo, was infuriated.

"Damn it, Zhang Yi, what are you trying to say! Are you deliberately teasing me?"

Her friend, Lin Caining, peeked out from under the covers.

Because it was too cold, the two of them slept on the same bed.

Seeing the delicious food in the photo, Lin Caining's eyes sparkled with envy!

These young women usually didn't cook at all.

They ordered takeout or had men take them out for meals.

The snowstorm had trapped them for several days, making them resort to eating instant noodles and canned goods, which they rarely ate.

Seeing Zhang Yi still enjoying Australian noodles and steak made the two women both angry and jealous.

Angry because Zhang Yi was eating alone and didn't think to share with them!

Lin Caining immediately sarcastically said, "Wow, this Zhang Yi is really something! He has such delicious food at home, and I never thought you'd have these!"

"He used to pursue you all the time. Huh, I think he's just pretending!"

Fang Yuqing was also not pleased.

Zhang Yi hadn't sent her photos like this for the first time.

She also knew that Zhang Yi was deliberately provoking her.

But she believed that Zhang Yi still liked her; he was just using this method to get her to compromise.

"Huh, he's so naive! Just a little food, and he wants me to be his girlfriend?"

"Zhang Yi, you're really too naive!"

Fang Yuqing scorned him.

As a proud girl, she had to maintain her image.

But looking at the photo Zhang Yi had sent, the longing in her eyes was hard to conceal.

Lin Caining naturally understood her.

So she suggested, "Rain, why don't you tell Zhang Yi that you can have dinner with him today? But he needs to provide the food!"

"This way, you can save face and still get to eat delicious Australian noodles and steak."

"I believe he'll be excited to agree!"

Fang Yuqing frowned and thought for a moment.

In her heart, Zhang Yi was just a high-level backup.

Although he was handsome and had some wealth, he was far from the ideal handsome and wealthy man in her mind.

Under normal circumstances, she would never lower her head to him.

But now...

She couldn't stand eating instant noodles and canned goods every day.

"Well, then, give him a chance to have dinner with me!"

Fang Yuqing said reluctantly.

She picked up her phone and sent a message to Zhang Yi.

"Zhang Yi, it's been a while since we got together. How about coming to our place for dinner tonight?"

Zhang Yi saw the message and smiled.

"Are you inviting me to dinner? Alright, thank you!"

This sentence made Fang Yuqing's face turn pale at the other end of the phone.

But it might also be because she was freezing.

She angrily said to Lin Caining, "This Zhang Yi, I was planning to keep him as my backup. Now, he's going to the back of the line!"

"I'm really angry this time!"

"From now on, I won't say a word to him. Even if he comes begging, it won't work!"

Although Lin Caining was craving food, she also added fuel to the fire.

"Yeah, he should know what kind of person he is!"

"Want to pursue you and still be so stingy, this kind of man deserves to be single forever!"

The two of them continued to scold Zhang Yi for quite some time.

During this time, Fang Yuqing picked up her phone, thinking that Zhang Yi would send an apology message.

But Zhang Yi didn't send a single message, making her face darken with anger.

However, Lin Caining had other ideas.

She secretly sent a message to Zhang Yi.

"Zhang Yi, why are you so foolish! Rain is upset now; do you know how serious the problem is?"

After receiving the message, Zhang Yi habitually glanced at it.

Nowadays, reading messages from various chat groups had become a source of amusement for him.

After seeing that it was a message from Lin Caining, Zhang Yi glanced at it and then chuckled.

"One playing the good cop, and one playing the bad cop, huh? You two are quite the actors!"

He had long seen through this combination of white lotus and green tea.

Usually, Lin Caining played the role of cooperation on behalf of Fang Yuqing.

Because Fang Yuqing needed to maintain her image as a pure goddess.

So things like asking for gifts and hinting at men to spend money on Fang Yuqing were all said by Lin Caining.