60.Reward for Chen Zhenghao

Outside, the cries of pleading were incessant, their bowed heads bleeding, and they looked utterly pitiful.

Zhang Ye sighed and walked up to the window. He said, "Everyone, please don't be like this. Watching all of you makes me feel uncomfortable!"

As he spoke, he raised the piping-hot noodles in his hand.

"When I'm feeling uncomfortable, I want to eat something."

*Slurp.*

Zhang Ye heartily ate the noodles, making the neighbors watching through the window salivate.

Upon hearing this, the cries grew louder, and the head-bowing became even more vigorous.

"Zhang Ye, we were wrong. We just want to survive!"

"Please give us some food, so we can live like dogs!"

"Whatever you want us to do in the future, we'll listen to you, alright?"

Zhang Ye continued to eat his noodles with his head lowered.

When people are hungry, being able to eat noodles like this is such a great luxury!

After eating half a bowl of noodles, he casually placed the leftovers by the floor-to-ceiling window.

In front of these neighbors, separated only by a window, they could see it but couldn't reach it.

Everyone pressed their faces to the glass like they could get a bite that way.

"Don't blame me for not giving you a chance. Whoever brings me Chen Zhenghao's head, I'll give him this bowl of noodles. He can eat to his heart's content for a week!"

Naturally, Zhang Ye couldn't sympathize with these people.

But they had been quite a nuisance, constantly trying to break the walls and windows every day.

So why not let them fight amongst themselves? That would be more interesting.

Zhang Ye sent this message to the group, informing everyone in the entire building.

The neighbors by the window heard this and showed a hesitant expression on their faces.

Chen Zhenghao had a gun in his hand. If they tried to take his head, they might lose their own.

But could they deal with Zhang Ye after failing to deal with Chen Zhenghao?

There were still three or four dozen corpses laid out in front and behind Zhang Ye's house.

The fact was, Zhang Ye was much harder to deal with than Chen Zhenghao!

At this moment, Chen Zhenghao watched the situation from the balcony next door.

He hadn't heard what Zhang Ye had said, but he furrowed his brows, contemplating his next move.

Two of his people had died this time.

To continue controlling the entire building, he needed to replenish his manpower.

While he was pondering, Chen Zhenghao suddenly felt a piercing sensation in his back, causing his hair to stand on end. He quickly turned around, raising the gun in his hand, but he found that everyone was looking at him strangely.

"What do you want?"

Seeing the gun, they retreated, wary.

"Get out of our way!"

Chen Zhenghao shouted.

Yet everyone continued to give him odd, even eerie glances.

It wasn't as if they were looking at a person but rather at food.