8.Materials gradually in place

Zhang Yi left his address and instructed the staff to deliver the hot pot base later. As for the food ingredients, he could directly collect them from Walmart's warehouse. Only the hot pot base wouldn't actually be sold; even the bagged hot pot bases available in the market paled in comparison to the restaurant's version. Otherwise, no customers would bother dining at the restaurant.

After finishing his meal, Zhang Yi prepared to head home when he received a call from the manager of a five-star hotel.

"Mr. Zhang, the 500 banquet tables you ordered are ready. Are you available to receive them now?"

"Yes, you can bring them over."

Back at home, Zhang Yi awaited the arrival of the sumptuous feast.

These 500 banquet tables would last him for two or three years.

With his current wealth, he didn't mind spending money and was actually eager to use it all up.

On his way back, Zhang Yi pondered what other dishes he enjoyed.

So, he placed orders with several major restaurants in Tianhai City, requesting a hundred tables each from them.

These included eight major cuisines, including Western cuisine, totaling several thousand tables!

This essentially took care of his meals for half his lifetime.

Before long, a convoy of catering trucks from the Hongfu Tianxia Hotel arrived at the entrance of Yue Lu Residential Complex.

The road was completely blocked by about twenty or thirty vehicles, leaving the neighbors of the complex astonished.

Security guard Uncle You rushed forward to halt them and inquired about their purpose.

The hotel manager explained, but Uncle You insisted that the homeowners must come forward before he could open the gate. Given the scale of their convoy and the unknown contents in the vehicles, he was concerned about the security of the complex.

The hotel manager had no choice but to call Zhang Yi.

Zhang Yi came downstairs to the entrance of the complex.

A crowd had gathered, including the neighbors from the residential building and the spectators Fang Yuqing and Lin Caining.

Approaching Uncle You, Zhang Yi smiled, "Uncle You, these are the caterers. Let them in!"

Uncle You was surprised. "Caterers? What are you eating that requires a dozen cars to deliver?"

The surrounding neighbors were equally amazed upon hearing about the caterers.

"Wow, that must be at least a few hundred tables!"

"Could it be that Zhang Yi is hosting an event at home?"

"Is he getting married? But even a few hundred tables is quite excessive!"

"Are you sure? That's Hongfu Tianxia, a five-star hotel!"

"With several hundred tables booked there, it must cost at least a hundred thousand!"

"Wow, spending over a hundred thousand on a single banquet. Zhang Yi's quite the hidden treasure!"

"I used to think his family was well-off, but now it seems he might be a big tycoon!"

The neighbors chattered away, and their gazes toward Zhang Yi turned fiery, mixed with a hint of awe.

On the side, Fang Yuqing watched this scene, pursing her lips, further firming her resolve to win over Zhang Yi.

She approached Zhang Yi on her initiative, smiling, "Zhang Yi, what's been keeping you busy lately? Buying so many things."

Zhang Yi ignored her and handed a cigarette to Uncle You.

Seeing the homeowner had arrived, Uncle You opened the gate, allowing the convoy from Hongfu Tianxia Hotel to enter the complex.

Zhang Yi led the way.

Although he hadn't responded to Fang Yuqing, she appeared unperturbed, walking by his side with a smile.

"What's been going on at home that you couldn't tell me? Aren't we good friends?" she inquired.

She deliberately emphasized the word "friends."

Green tea never cut ties completely, as she still needed backups and sycophants to serve her.

Zhang Yi's lips curved, and he stopped engaging with her.

Meanwhile, the staff from Hongfu Tianxia began transporting the sumptuous feasts into Zhang Yi's home.

Zhang Yi had ordered the top-tier options—abalone, sea cucumber, shark fin, Australian lobster, truffles, caviar—everything imaginable.

The 500 banquet tables would be a challenge to fit within his house.

Even the hotel manager seemed to struggle as he watched.

Yet, Zhang Yi reassured them to just move everything inside the house.

Meanwhile, he discreetly sneaked downstairs while they were transporting and stored all the food in his spatial pocket.

His actions were quite covert, and no one noticed.

Soon, all 500 banquet tables of sumptuous feasts were neatly stored within his spatial pocket.

By evening, Zhang Yi received a call from Wu Huairen, the manager of the Zhanlong Security Company.

Wu Huairen informed Zhang Yi that they were ready and could start working on the safe house for him at any time.

He asked when Zhang Yi would be available to begin.

Zhang Yi informed them he could start tomorrow and that he intended to stay in a hotel in the meantime.

After discussing the safe house matters, Zhang Yi waited for Wu Huairen to continue.

He had another important matter to discuss with Wu Huairen—the acquisition of an 'Equality Among All Beings' artifact.

After hesitating for a while, Wu Huairen lowered his voice and said to Zhang Yi, "If you're truly in need of such an item, I could recommend a way. However, it might be a bit costly."

Zhang Yi nodded, well aware of the potential cost.

But money wasn't a concern for him anymore.

"That's not a problem, as long as the quality is good."

Wu Huairen nonchalantly said, "Alright, since that's the case, I can provide you with a referral. I'll inform you of the transaction location in three days."