9.super warehouse

The path of obtaining firearms was finally sorted, easing Zhang Yi's mind considerably. In this post-apocalyptic era, possessing such items provided immense confidence when facing both human and non-human threats.

The following day, Zhang Yi packed up important belongings within his spatial pocket. With plans to construct a secure house, he temporarily moved to a hotel.

At dawn, three black vans entered Yue Lu Residential Complex. A group of workers from the Zhanlong Security Company, clad in work uniforms, descended from the vehicles, proceeding to measure the dimensions of Zhang Yi's house.

Many neighbors witnessed the scene, curiosity filling their eyes.

"Has Zhang Yi gone mad? Why does he keep doing all these strange things?"

Some colleagues joked, "Yeah, a few days ago at the supermarket, I saw him buying three shopping carts full of food!"

"Hahaha! If you didn't know any better, you'd think the apocalypse was approaching, stocking up so much food. Won't it all go to waste when it expires?"

"Maybe there's something wrong with his mind!"

The neighbors found Zhang Yi's odd behavior perplexing, but nobody cared much; they regarded him as a joke.

Even Fang Yuqing and Li Caining thought that Zhang Yi had lost his sanity.

Li Caining suddenly exclaimed, "I get it now! No wonder he dined at the Michelin three-star restaurant. His brain's gone haywire!"

Fang Yuqing frowned, her mood particularly displeased. The memory of that day, when she initiated a conversation with Zhang Yi, helping him carry so many items home, made her feet ache and filled her with frustration.

"What on earth is Zhang Yi up to?"

Li Caining expressed concern, "He promised to treat us to a grand meal. He wouldn't forget, right?"

She had her heart set on dining at a Michelin three-star restaurant!

Yet, Fang Yuqing chuckled, "Let's forget about it! Seeing how strange he's been lately, I won't go even if he invites me."

"What if people see us eating with him? It'd be embarrassing!"

She was determined to snag a wealthy husband, and she couldn't tarnish her reputation.

Although Fang Yuqing's words left Li Caining discontented, she had no choice but to give up.

Meanwhile, Zhang Yi didn't care how his neighbors perceived him. A month later, they would realize who the true joke was.

Leaving his home, he got into his car and headed to the Walmart warehouse. It was Monday, time to return to work and simultaneously explore the warehouse to facilitate future operations.

Walmart's warehouse was located in the Economic Development Zone, at the edge of Tianhai City. Due to lower land prices, numerous large corporations established their warehouses here. Some pharmaceutical companies also had their storage facilities in the area.

This made it convenient for Zhang Yi to procure some special drugs later on.

Upon arriving at the Walmart warehouse, Zhang Yi clocked in for work as usual. As the warehouse supervisor, he was intimately familiar with the place.

In fact, he knew every warehouse and every shelf like the back of his hand.

Previously, he found coming here incredibly dull, but today, gazing at these massive warehouses filled with goods worth tens of billions, he couldn't contain his excitement.

Because soon, all of these items would become his most crucial resources in the post-apocalyptic world.

As the South China headquarters of Walmart, the volume of goods here exceeded anyone's imagination.

There were tens of thousands of cases of soda alone!

The warehouse covered millions of square feet, packed to the brim with various life essentials. In addition to food, clothing, and hardware, there were even cars, drones, diesel generators, and barrels of gasoline.

It was safe to say that if an item was allowed to be sold at a supermarket, you could find it here.

Zhang Yi had worked here for years, so he knew what each shelf held.

He was also well aware of the scheduling and camera locations, despite the tight surveillance.

While the surveillance here was extensive, he could disable the entire system within ten minutes using his knowledge of its vulnerabilities.

Then, using his spatial manipulation ability, he could take everything from here!

But for now, Zhang Yi didn't rush. Time was ample, and he didn't want to raise any suspicion.

After a tour of the warehouse, he left and headed to the neighboring Rui Ning Pharmaceutical Company's warehouse.

Because he worked in the same area daily, he was familiar with the employees here as well.

Zhang Yi found the manager of their warehouse, Zhou Hairun, upon arrival.

With a deep understanding of each other's routines, employees in large corporations' warehouses often exploited their access for personal gain.

Zhou Hairun's brother-in-law happened to be the deputy CEO of Rui Ning Group.

So, he frequently pilfered drugs from the warehouse to sell.

After locating Zhou Hairun, Zhang Yi chatted with him and gradually mentioned his objective.

He hoped to acquire a few crates of powerful medicines for treating urgent conditions.

At first, Zhou Hairun was wary, but when Zhang Yi assured him that he would pay double the market price, he became intrigued.

Learning of Zhang Yi's willingness to pay such a high price, Zhou Hairun couldn't contain his excitement.

Ultimately, the deal was settled at a price of three million for five crates of medicine.

With the acquisition of the medicine, Zhang Yi was essentially ready with all the resources he needed for the impending apocalypse.

With less than a month remaining, he certainly didn't have the inclination to continue working.

As a result, he visited the office of the warehouse manager and fabricated a story about his paternal grandfather from his hometown passing away. He requested twenty days off to attend the funeral.

Zhang Yi was well-liked and had a good rapport with the manager, who didn't make things difficult and easily approved his leave request.

Over the next period, Zhang Yi planned to relax comfortably in a five-star hotel. He would await the arrival of his purchased resources and the completion of the safe house.

Exiting the manager's office, he caught sight of Fang Yuqing, bent over at the coffee machine, pouring coffee.

One couldn't deny that this woman did possess some qualities of a femme fatale, emanating a seductive aura.

Pouring coffee, she even managed to subtly sway her hips.

It didn't take long for a few young admirers to gather around, attempting to win her favor.

A man nearby enthusiastically invited Fang Yuqing to a Jay Chou concert, waving his ticket as a flashy display.

This man was Zhou Peng, someone Zhang Yi remembered quite well.

They both lived in the same residential complex.

Furthermore, he was Fang Yuqing's loyal sycophant, and in their past lives, he was one of the people responsible for Zhang Yi's downfall.