82.Meals for the neighbors

Zhang Yi arrived at the Wanda Shopping Mall in the Economic Development Zone.

Upon arrival, all he could see was a snow-covered roof. He followed his previous method, smashing through the glass ceiling and securing himself with a climbing rope before descending into the mall.

Once inside, remnants of the mall's past glory lingered. Circular in shape, the mall displayed a variety of beautifully presented goods in individual stores. Valuable clothing, shoes, and everyday items were now practically worthless and easy to take.

Zhang Yi picked a few useful stores and crammed everything from the shops into his own space.

The supermarket was located on the lower level.

After gathering more items from around the mall, he proceeded to the basement.

As expected, this place had been left untouched due to its remote location.

However, the quality of the products inside was less than ideal.

A part of the mall had collapsed under the weight of the blizzard, letting in cold air, causing frost to cover the shelves.

This cold had ruined everything, especially the food section. Some snack items and biscuits were encased in ice. The vegetable section, although not rotten, was severely dehydrated and likely had lost all taste.

The meat section was in slightly better shape; all the meat had frozen into lumps of ice, turning into genuine zombie meat.

Even the fish tanks had burst from the expanding ice. Any hope of eating fish from them was lost.

All in all, these groceries would have been considered trash in normal times. Some might have been sent to a food processing plant to be turned into pre-packaged meals.

Zhang Yi shrugged and said, "I won't eat this stuff, even if it's given to me for free!"

He couldn't be bothered to store these low-quality goods in his own space. He didn't lack supplies, so there was no reason to take these subpar items with him.

Nevertheless, this was unimportant.

Regardless of their quality, these items would be considered a luxury to his ungrateful neighbors who hadn't had decent food for a long time.

Zhang Yi retrieved two large travel bags from his space and carelessly filled them with the rotten vegetable leaves, zombie meat, and some damp, expanded bread and biscuits.

The bags filled up quickly.

As for the other items, Zhang Yi had no intention of taking them with him. They might come in handy in the future to save someone's life. He didn't need them right now.

After completing these actions, Zhang Yi checked his Rolex.

This watch had undergone special cold-resistant treatment and still functioned well under extremely low temperatures. It might not be entirely accurate, but it at least gave a rough idea of the time.

The Rolex displayed that it was 3:30 PM.

To return to the Yue Lu Residential District from here would take about an hour.

Zhang Yi didn't want to waste any more time. There would be plenty of opportunities to explore other places in the future, and he had no competition for the resources. So, he set out with the supplies he had gathered and drove back on his snowmobile.

By the time he returned to the Yue Lu Residential District, the day had started to fade.

The roar of the engine was particularly conspicuous in the quiet neighborhood.