50.teasing white lotus

Zhang Yi asked with a faint trace of irony, "What do you think?"

Beside her, Wang Min and the others pushed her, urging her to get to the point.

Fang Yuqing sniffled and cried, "Zhang Yi, you've shot Zhou Peng and the others, and they're badly injured now. We don't have any medicine at home, and they might die from infection."

"You bought a lot of medicine before, didn't you? Please, lend us some."

"I... I promise we won't bother you again in the future!"

Zhang Yi paused in the middle of preparing food, perplexed by Fang Yuqing's twisted logic.

"Fang Yuqing, can you guess why I used rusty arrows to shoot them?"

"To make them suffer and die from infection, that's my goal!"

"You actually came here to borrow medicine? Do you have a screw loose or something?" Zhang Yi scolded with a bitter laugh.

Fang Yuqing and her group understood this point quite well, but at the moment, if they didn't swallow their pride and ask Zhang Yi for help, they would have to watch their companions die before their eyes. Zhou Peng and the two other men were their hope for survival in the future.

Fang Yuqing cried and said, "Zhang Yi, we were wrong. Please spare them this time, and we promise we won't trouble you again."

"Moreover, in these difficult times, we should help each other, shouldn't we?"

"Can't you be less heartless? Will you be happy if they die?" Before Fang Yuqing could finish, Zhang Yi cut in decisively, "Yes, I am very happy now."

Fang Yuqing's words choked in her throat, leaving her speechless.

Wang Min hurried over anxiously and said, "Zhang Yi, it's me, Wang Min. Do you remember we had dinner together before?"

Zhang Yi rolled his eyes.

Wang Min had asked him for help in the past, requesting discounted goods from the warehouse. Zhang Yi had agreed after a meal, and he had actually made a significant profit from that deal.

"Do you think this is interesting?" Zhang Yi coldly asked.

Wang Min swallowed hard, and from the living room, they could hear Zhou Peng's painful cries.

Upon hearing this, Zhang Yi wore a satisfied expression, regretting only that he couldn't witness their miserable condition.

"Zhang Yi, everyone's on edge these days, and there's that bully, Chen Zhenghao, causing harm. Leave a way out for yourself. Maybe we'll be useful to you in the future," Wang Min pleaded.

"If you give us the medicine this time, I, Wang Min, will remember your kindness and will definitely repay you in the future!"

Zhang Yi sneered, "Kindness? Do you think I'm a fool?"

"I injured those scoundrels, and now there's a dead guy on my doorstep."

"No matter what I do, this grudge won't just go away. Help you now, only to have you seek revenge later? That's a laugh!"

Wang Min wanted to explain, "We're not like that!"

"Stop talking! It's not interesting," Zhang Yi interrupted.

"Whether you're like that or not is not important to me. What's important is that I don't believe you're like that, so I won't help you."

Help someone who wants to harm themselves?

That's not an act of benevolence in Zhang Yi's eyes. No matter how eloquent the other side may be, he wouldn't waver.

Seeing that Zhang Yi was unyielding, the group became increasingly anxious.