34.Ugliness brings trouble

Zhang Yi unleashed a torrent of curses upon Fang Yuqing, exposing her true nature as a deceitful, green-tea-sipping femme fatale.

This hit Fang Yuqing right where it hurt.

Though she reveled in her materialism, promiscuity, and manipulation of men's emotions, she still believed herself to be a virtuous woman.

Zhang Yi's mocking words shattered her confidence.

After all, if even someone like Zhang Yi, a petite bourgeoisie, could look down on her so easily, it meant her allure was sorely lacking, and she had no chance of ensnaring a rich second-generation man and becoming a wealthy wife.

After ending the call, Zhang Yi quickly received a barrage of voice messages from Fang Yuqing.

He didn't bother listening; he knew she was cursing him.

But did Zhang Yi care?

Of course not.

In this apocalyptic world, this white lotus would wither away day by day in extreme cold and hunger.

Zhang Yi was just toying with her, relishing her misery.

Why would he ever get angry with a dead person?

Instead, seeing the infuriated look on the white lotus's face filled him with a sense of satisfaction.

"Hahaha!"

Zhang Yi laughed heartily.

He headed to the kitchen and retrieved a bottle of Romani Conti from the fridge.

This bottle was worth 200,000 yuan, and it had been stored in a temperature-controlled wine cabinet in Walmart's warehouse.

Zhang Yi didn't have many bottles like this, only a few dozen.

Today, he was in a good mood, so he decided to celebrate.

His home never experienced power outages; the electrical system had been revamped during renovations.

It was connected to backup power and a noiseless generator.

Energy was something he didn't lack at all.

He arrived in the living room, where he ceremoniously set up a table full of gourmet dishes.

French escargot, tomahawk steak, starry-eyed fish, and Jinling salted duck, all paired with a 200,000-yuan Romani Conti.

In this post-apocalyptic era, all societal norms were rapidly disappearing.

Zhang Yi didn't fuss about eating; he had whatever he wanted, whenever he wanted, with any combination he fancied.

He could even use caviar as a meal.

This luxurious lifestyle was probably unique in the entire world now.

Because the apocalypse had come so suddenly, even the most powerful and wealthy people in the world hadn't had time to make adequate preparations.

Take Xu Hao, for example; his father was a famous conglomerate tycoon in Tianhai City.

But in Zhang Yi's memory, his father had died half a month into the apocalypse.

All his wealth had turned into worthless paper, and the corpulent old man lacked the survival skills needed for the apocalypse.

...

Meanwhile, in the house that Fang Yuqing and Lin Caining shared.

Fang Yuqing's mental state was on the brink; she vented her frustration by hurling things around and cursing Zhang Yi.