10.fight back against sycophants

Zhou Peng, who was standing nearby, extended his courtesies to Fang Yuqing with great enthusiasm.

However, it was evident that Fang Yuqing wasn't particularly fond of men like Zhou Peng.

In terms of financial status, Zhou Peng was far less well-off than Zhang Yi; he even rented his house.

Nevertheless, Fang Yuqing still wore a smiling expression as she replied to him, "Thank you, Zhou Peng. But I've already made plans to meet a friend that evening. What a pity!"

A tinge of disappointment flashed across Zhou Peng's face.

He had spent his entire month's salary on those two concert tickets.

His original plan had been to use the concert as an opportunity to confess his feelings to Fang Yuqing, but now, that plan had gone down the drain.

Witnessing this scene, Zhang Yi couldn't help but curl his lips into a sardonic smile.

He knew that Zhou Peng, this devoted puppy, wouldn't achieve anything in the end.

However, amid Zhou Peng's disappointment, he noticed Zhang Yi, standing nearby with a smirk on his face, which stoked his anger.

To divert attention away from his own embarrassment, Zhou Peng approached Zhang Yi and remarked in a low voice, "Zhang Yi, you're really quite shameless, aren't you?"

"A grown man like you, making a woman help you move things. Have you no shame?"

"Yuqing came to work today, complaining about a sore back all day. Next time, I hope you won't trouble her like this!"

Zhang Yi shot Fang Yuqing a glance.

It turned out that this woman had spread the news.

Fang Yuqing continued with a feigned tone, "It's not a big deal, really. I didn't have any health issues; I just can't handle heavy lifting. My back is a bit twisted."

She reached out and squeezed her lower back, then furrowed her brows in apparent discomfort.

To display his masculinity in front of Fang Yuqing, Zhou Peng immediately asserted himself, pointing at Zhang Yi with bravado, "You should give Yuqing 500 yuan for her medical expenses."

Little did he expect that Zhang Yi's eyes would turn cold as he stared at Zhou Peng, scolding him, "She offered to help me move; I didn't ask her for assistance."

"Besides, who do you think you are, meddling in our affairs here?"

"Do you really think you're someone special?"

Zhang Yi's harsh reprimand left Zhou Peng and Fang Yuqing both stunned.

Zhou Peng was just an ordinary office clerk in the warehouse and had no power or influence.

The only reason he dared to confront Zhang Yi was that Zhang Yi had generally been easygoing and avoided conflicts.

However, seeing Zhang Yi genuinely angry, Zhou Peng felt a pang of unease.

"Why... why are you shouting like that?" he stammered. "I was just discussing things with you."

Zhang Yi sneered and turned to leave.

He couldn't be bothered with arguing with Zhou Peng.

After all, in his eyes, most of the people around him would likely be dead in the extreme cold storm of the apocalypse, and there was no point in wasting words on the dead.

Once Zhang Yi had left, Zhou Peng approached Fang Yuqing and whispered, "Yuqing, I told you that Zhang Yi isn't a good person. You should stay away from him."