1.In the wake of the apocalypse, I was reborn.

Agony, an agony too immense!

The searing pain consumed Zhang Yi entirely.

It wasn't merely a sensation; it was a tangible reality, etched into his being.

In this moment, his so-called friends and neighbors, people he had once trusted and aided, greedily carved him up.

In this post-apocalyptic era of scarcity, they disregarded his past help, brandishing their knives without a second thought.

In his final moments, he glimpsed the one he once held as a goddess, Fang Yuqing, standing behind the mob, crying out desperately, "I'm the one who asked him to open the door! You have to save a piece of rib for me to make soup!"

This woman, she lured him to open the door, and in doing so, condemned him.

Zhang Yi's gaze pierced her, brimming with hatred and regret.

If blame was to be assigned, it fell squarely on his own naivety, his excessive kindness, that had rendered him meat for these beasts.

How he wished for a chance to start anew.

In that future, he would not extend mercy to anyone; he would live solely for himself.

Zhang Yi's vision darkened abruptly, consciousness slipping away.

However, the next moment, his eyes snapped open, and he jolted upright from the couch.

The hellish scene he had just experienced, the excruciating pain, remained vivid in his mind.

Gasping for breath, Zhang Yi found himself drenched in sweat, his body convulsing.

"What's happening? Wasn't I killed by those savage neighbors?"

As he regained his senses, Zhang Yi began to take in his surroundings.

The place wasn't unfamiliar—it was his own house.

The comfortable ambient temperature puzzled him greatly.

Because, in December of the year 2050, Earth suffered the impact of a supernova explosion five hundred thousand light-years away, ushering in a global Cambrian storm.

Global temperatures plummeted, and even in Tianhai City, where Zhang Yi lived, the daily temperature was around minus sixty to seventy degrees Celsius. Snowstorms raged for a month, submerging the entire city.

It was said that in the northern reaches of China, temperatures plummeted to terrifying lows of over negative one hundred degrees Celsius, burying the land beneath layers of ice and snow.

Mass extinctions wiped out various species, and over ninety-five percent of humans perished in this catastrophe.

Zhang Yi rose and fetched a bottle of water from the fridge, gulping down more than half in one go.

Though the refrigerated water was chilling, it was nectar to him now.

In this post-apocalyptic era, the only way to get water was to venture out into the frigid temperatures of minus sixty to seventy degrees Celsius, digging through snow to melt it.

Such labor easily led to freezing death.

After drinking the water, Zhang Yi checked his phone.

The display showed the date "November 12th."

A whole month until doomsday.

"It seems I've been reborn."

Taking a deep breath, Zhang Yi quickly grasped what had occurred.