51.There is no specific medicine, just wait for infection!

Now, with Wang Min and the others, the situation had taken an infuriating turn.

It was Fang Yuqing who had initially come over and lured them into attacking Zhang Yi's house. Now, with people dead and injured, she wanted to abandon everyone and enjoy herself?

Without any regard for them?

In the middle of surgery, Zhou Peng, upon hearing that Fang Yuqing was planning to go to Zhang Yi, was further infuriated.

"Yuqing, how can you do this to me? Didn't you say you hated Zhang Yi the most?"

"Do you remember saying you would be my woman?"

Fang Yuqing was slapped by Wang Min, and though she covered her face, she stubbornly retorted, "Is there something wrong with pursuing my own happiness? Staying with you all is just temporary. In the long run, we'll run out of supplies and meet our end. Zhang Yi's place is comfortable, with plenty of food and warmth. What's wrong with going there?"

She looked toward Zhou Peng with an expression that seemed to say, "You should understand me."

"Zhou Peng, you're a good person, and you've been good to me."

"However, loving someone means wanting them to be happy, right?"

"Even though you've helped me in the past, you shouldn't stop me from pursuing a better life. Can you give me more than what Zhang Yi can offer?"

Zhou Peng was pale and couldn't find a way to counter her arguments.

Zhou Keren furrowed her brows and told him, "Don't move! Otherwise, you might hit a major artery and be doomed!"

Wang Min, growing nervous, rushed over to hold Zhou Peng down.

"Nephew, don't get so worked up over this wretched woman. Staying alive is what matters now!"

Taking a deep breath, she stared at Fang Yuqing and said, "Fang Yuqing, if you want to leave, we won't stop you, but only if Zhang Yi brings us some medicine in exchange!"

Lin Cainin blocked the door, her chin held high. "Fang Yuqing, if you leave, I'm going with you!"

Fang Yuqing glared at them, her eyes filled with hatred but no choice left. She turned to Zhang Yi and said, "Zhang Yi, you heard them. They won't let me go. Could you give them some medicine, please?"

Zhang Yi was watching the drama unfold in the kitchen.

Upon hearing Fang Yuqing's words, he smirked and said, "Medicine is precious, you know. How can I trust that they won't deceive me? Maybe they'll take you hostage and threaten me for supplies."

"Darling, we mustn't be gullible!"

As they were speaking into the open speaker, everyone could hear their conversation clearly.

Zhou Peng, still furious, yelled, "Yuqing, don't believe him! He's just playing with you!"

Indeed, that's how everyone else saw it.

But the one in the midst of it all, Fang Yuqing, had lost her mind somewhat in this harsh environment. Zhang Yi had given her a glimmer of hope, and she held onto it like a drowning person clutching a straw.

Even though she knew it wouldn't save her life, she couldn't let go.

She nodded repeatedly. "Yes, yes, Zhang Yi, you're right."

After hearing this, she rushed toward Lin Cainin, blocking her path at the door.

"You wretch! Get out of my way! Don't stop me!"

The two women started fighting like mad, tumbling to the ground and attacking each other fiercely. Fang Yuqing had lost her mind, fighting with red eyes. She tore at Lin Cainin's hair and even bit her arm.

Lin Cainin, in pain and also seemingly possessed, fought back.

The two women wrestled on the ground, behaving like maniacs.

Wang Min couldn't stand it anymore. Several patients were undergoing surgery in the living room, and their fight could disrupt the procedures. So, she joined the fray and, along with Lin Cainin, managed to subdue the frenzied Fang Yuqing.

"Ahhhh! Let me go! Let me go! Let me leave!" Fang Yuqing screamed at the top of her lungs before falling silent after Wang Min slapped her several times.

"You want to leave? Keep dreaming!" Wang Min sneered, picked up Fang Yuqing's phone, and called Zhang Yi.

"Hello, Zhang Yi. Right now, we have Fang Yuqing in our hands. If you really want to save her, bring some medicine for an exchange!"

Zhang Yi shrugged his shoulders.

"There are too many of you, and I'm scared. What if you try to kill me when I arrive? So, Yuqing, though I really want to live with you, they won't allow it! Don't blame your big brother!"

Zhang Yi intentionally spoke loudly enough for Fang Yuqing to hear.

She howled in agony upon hearing this, and her gaze toward Wang Min and the others brimmed with malice.

Zhang Yi promptly hung up the phone, a wicked smile on his face.

The cruelest thing in the world is to offer a glimmer of hope to the desperate and then ensure they can never reach it.

He had no intention of letting the scheming green tea-flavored white lotus inside. He just wanted to disgust those people.

They could even kill Fang Yuqing if they wanted.

On Fang Yuqing's side, she wailed for a long time, eventually breaking into a pitiful cry. However, her hatred was directed not at Zhang Yi but at Zhou Peng, Wang Min, and the others.

She believed it wasn't Zhou Peng and Wang Min who were preventing her. Now that she was in Zhang Yi's house, eating delicious food and enjoying warmth, what was wrong with that?

Wang Min sneered at Fang Yuqing, who had just been crying. She glanced at Lin Cainin, satisfied with her performance. At least Lin Cainin didn't seem to be on Fang Yuqing's side.

"Did you see that? This woman only thinks about herself and hasn't considered anyone else. If you want to continue staying with our team, make sure you keep an eye on her! Don't let her escape."

Wang Min coldly told Lin Cainin.

Lin Cainin nodded vigorously. "I'll listen to you, Sister Wang!"

She gave Fang Yuqing a look filled with resentment and said, "I won't let her leave alone! If we have to endure hardships, we'll endure them together. Why should she be the only one to enjoy comfort?"

In the living room, Zhou Keren had performed simple surgeries on three patients. Without sterilization and anesthesia, they could only remove the rusty tetanus-laden arrows quickly and use gauze to stop the bleeding.

The unfortunate part was that they didn't even have sterilizing alcohol because it had frozen due to the extreme cold.

The only good news was that the low temperature prevented them from experiencing excruciating pain.

However, the downside was also apparent: under these extremely cold conditions, the flesh was susceptible to necrosis.

Zhou Keren had finished the surgeries, wiped the blood from her hands, and closed the toolbox.

"Now, this is just a temporary fix. Without medicine, there's a high risk of infection later on. So, be prepared for that

," she told Wang Min and the others.

Their eyes were filled with helplessness.

Zhang Yi refused to cooperate, and they had no way of obtaining medicine.