70.deterrence

Zhou Ker raised the baseball bat in her hand and looked at the massive block of ice, which contained ten corpses, coiled together. She bit her lip, and then resolutely struck with force.

As a woman with medical training, she didn't have as strong an aversion to corpses.

With a cracking sound, the block of ice shattered. Zhou Ker's hand throbbed from the impact, and she exclaimed, "Ouch!" as she dropped the baseball bat.

She slightly furrowed her brow and massaged her hand.

"It's quite tough!"

Before Zhang Yi could say anything, she went back inside and came back with a large sledgehammer.

"This one works better!"

She declared confidently.

Zhang Yi fell silent for a moment, feeling that he had underestimated the woman in front of him.

After Zhou Ker's first swing, she became bolder and no longer felt afraid.

With a series of cracking sounds, the block of ice was soon shattered, and so were the bodies inside. The limbs and appendages that were brittle were cleanly severed. The central parts had some resilience left but were partially crushed.

Zhou Ker completed the task as Zhang Yi requested and then climbed back.

"What's the point of recording this?" Zhou Ker asked curiously as she removed her clothes.

Zhang Yi's lips curved slightly as he sent it to the property owner group.

Zhou Ker suddenly realized, "You're doing this to assert your dominance in the property owner group, so they won't dare to harass you in the future?"

Zhang Yi chuckled, "That's not all. I want to replace Chen Zhenghao in their hearts."

The neighbors were much more fearful of Chen Zhenghao than him, as Chen Zhenghao had a gun and would charge out and kill them to steal their supplies.

Even if Zhang Yi killed many people, the impression was still that he was just a sneak attacker.

Zhang Yi wanted to be proactive in preparing to leave his home in case they ever needed to venture out again.

Zhou Ker nodded in agreement, showing her support for Zhang Yi's actions.

Both of them were sitting on the sofa in their underwear. Zhou Ker leaned against Zhang Yi, her long, slender legs placed next to his. Her head rested beside him, and they watched the responses in the property owner group together.

Their appearance was just like that of a loving couple.

Zhou Ker's feelings for Zhang Yi were born out of reliance, a natural inclination for a woman to admire strength.

But for Zhang Yi, she was more like a tool at the moment.

As for feelings and such, that could be discussed later. He didn't mind if they developed, but there wouldn't be too many emotions.

Recently, the network seemed to be slower, taking a minute for the video to upload.

This was likely due to the heavy snowfall affecting the surrounding base stations.

But as a world-renowned infrastructure enthusiast, China had top-tier communication capabilities.

So they weren't at a stage where communication was impossible; it was just that long-distance communication might be more affected.

The neighbors saw the video and curiously clicked on it.

When they saw how brutally Chen Zhenghao and the others had died, many people laughed hysterically, with tears in their eyes.