89.Warehouse District

Zhang Yi glanced at her, smiling, "Yes."He slurped a mouthful of noodles. Zhou Ke'er's culinary skills were just average, but noodles were relatively simple to prepare."I found it when I was out. It's a sniper rifle."Zhang Yi's tone was casual.Excitement gleamed in Zhou Ke'er's beautiful eyes. "A sniper rifle? Can you use it?""Not only can I use it, but I'm also quite proficient with it," Zhang Yi replied, pointing towards the window. "Last night, I took down seven people with seven shots."Proud of his accomplishment, Zhang Yi couldn't resist the urge to show off to Zhou Ke'er, as men often enjoyed boasting about their achievements to women.Zhou Ke'er gazed at Zhang Yi with admiration in her eyes. With such a man by her side, she felt much safer."Zhang Yi, you're amazing!"She cradled her chin in her hands, her face filled with reverence.Zhang Yi chuckled and asked, "Aren't you curious about how I know how to use a sniper rifle?"Zhou Ke'er shook her head."What does it matter to me? Even if you were a murderer or a maniac in the past, it doesn't change the fact that I've chosen you," she said. "It's better than dying out there, right?"Zhang Yi nodded, "You're really clever, unlike some foolish women who keep asking questions."...On the 26th floor, the side of the Tianhe Gang.Huang Tianfang only discovered Huang Wei and the others' bodies the next morning. He had sensed something amiss when he heard the gunshots the previous night, but out of caution, he didn't dare to investigate.In the morning, they saw the ten bodies piled up outside. Huang Tianfang's pupils contracted, and a strong sense of anger welled up in his heart, but his fear was ten times stronger.Now, there were only nine people left in the Tianhe Gang, significantly diminishing their fighting strength.Even if they forced the surviving property owners to join them, they couldn't compensate for the loss of the workers' combat effectiveness.If a battle suddenly broke out with the residents of another building at this time, they would be at a severe disadvantage!"They have guns, and not just any guns, I suspect they have rifles or even sniper rifles.""The intensity of the bullets last night means they also have a lot of ammunition.""These opponents are not easy to deal with!"Huang Tianfang's expression was extremely serious. His subordinates also looked fearful."Boss, what should we do? Da Wei and the others are dead, and we've lost over half our people. Should we keep going?"Huang Tianfang looked menacingly at Building 25 and said through clenched teeth, "Keep going? With what? They have guns, what can we do against them?"His subordinates became anxious."But if we don't take Da Wei's plow and supplies, the property owners in this building won't have enough to eat for a few days!"After a brief silence, Huang Tianfang said in a low voice, "Tonight, we'll sneak over and take Da Wei and the others' bodies back."Everyone glanced at each other, their faces showing a trace of inner struggle. They had been brothers for many years, sharing life and death experiences. Now, they had to...Everyone felt miserable, but no one spoke. They knew that compared to staying alive, nothing else mattered....After finishing their meal, Zhang Yi stood up. "I need to go out."Upon hearing this, Zhou Ke'er quickly stuffed a bag of chips into her pocket.Zhang Yi didn't say much and didn't put away the two boxes of food supplies in the kitchen this time.

After living together for some time, Zhang Yi had complete trust in Zhou Ke'er's intelligence. She wouldn't do anything foolish to betray him unless she found a better protector than him.

Zhang Yi went downstairs, and the individuals on duty immediately straightened up upon seeing him.

"Zhang Ge, are you going out?"

Zhang Yi glanced at them, and from their eyes, he could see genuine respect. Zhang Yi's strength had earned the recognition of everyone in the building.

He nodded, saying, "Work hard!"

He then climbed out of a window on the fourth floor and, after a moment's thought, took a circuitous route through the back of the garage.

Before long, he was riding his motorcycle out of the residential complex. Many people had gathered by their windows, watching Zhang Yi depart.

Their gazes were complex, displaying excitement, envy, and malice.

On the 21st floor, the group now controlling the building referred to themselves as the "Sky Wolves Gang." Its members were young men in their early twenties.

The leader of the Sky Wolves Gang, Wang Qiang, stood by the window, a bloodstained and somewhat rusty machete on the table next to him. He watched Zhang Yi leave and furrowed his brows.

"Where did he hide his motorcycle?"

It was Wang Qiang who had ordered someone to steal Zhang Yi's vehicle last night. His second-in-command, Xiao Lu, remarked, "This residential complex is quite large, and he's hidden it well. It's not easy to find."

Wang Qiang snorted, crossing his arms. "In any case, that motorcycle must be in the hands of our Sky Wolves Gang! With a snowmobile, we can go out and search for supplies. When that happens, expanding our group and forming a big gang won't be a problem."

Xiao Lu nodded seriously. "Right, troubled times breed heroes. This is an opportunity for us, brothers!"

He gazed in the direction Zhang Yi had departed, bloodshot eyes revealing his eagerness. "Now, let's figure out a way to get some cigarettes! I haven't smoked for half a month; it's driving me crazy!"

In other units, the leaders were also discussing how to deal with Zhang Yi. His presence posed a crisis, as he had a gun, especially a large-caliber weapon. However, it also presented an opportunity because Zhang Yi had a snowmobile that could be used to retrieve supplies. Some wanted to fight him, while others sought cooperation. Regardless, they would soon come into contact with Zhang Yi, and that was inevitable.

...

Zhang Yi left this time and first went to a nearby supermarket to check. Unfortunately, several nearby supermarkets were not built high enough, and some were only one floor, so they were buried by the heavy snow.

"It seems that, unless the whole city thaws, the only places to find food should be those few large, independent supermarkets and... the warehouses."

Zhang Yi suddenly thought of the place where he used to work.

To the southwest of the Economic Development Zone, there was once a vast wasteland that was later developed to accommodate various businesses, factories, and warehouses.

Due to the lower land prices, most of the city's warehouses were located there.

Zhang Yi had cleared out the Walmart warehouse, but there were still goods from other companies.

Medical supplies, food, cars, toys... it was all there.

"I should check it out. Maybe there's something useful there!"

With his decision made, Zhang Yi turned his motorcycle around and headed towards the warehouse area.

The warehouse was only about ten kilometers away from his current location, and in less than twenty minutes, Zhang Yi arrived at the site.

The area was quite spacious, with relatively tall factory buildings and no massive snowdrifts like in the city.

As Zhang Yi came over, he could still see the tops of some of the buildings.