𝑻𝒘𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒚

You showed up to work bright and early only to be greeted with the surprise of a new partner for your section.

His name was Warren and he used to be partners with Carrie, he wasn't much older than you and you have only met him a handful of times.

From the times you've interacted with him so far he seems like a pretty chill dude and he works just as hard as everyone else.

But you were sad.

Because this basically confirmed your suspicion that Lonnie doesn't wanna be friends anymore.

You can't help but wonder what you did though.

Was it something I said? Was I not working hard enough?

You wonder if Lonnie was only being polite for the sake of common manners but quickly got annoyed with you so much that she had to switch partners to steer clear of you.

Even though you didn't know her long it makes you upset because you were really starting to like Lonnie.

It only confuses you because yesterday until some point in the middle of your shift everything was normal.

There's really no point in dwelling on it though, you would rather leave her alone than piss her off more.

"You look upset? What's the matter?" You jumped at the sound of Koren's gentle voice and whirled around to face him.

The man chuckled in response "Sorry I should've knocked but really what's wrong (y/n)? Anything I can fix?" Koren asked in concern.

You laughed in a shy manner "Nothing it's just I don't think Lonnie likes me anymore" you sulked a bit.

The man hummed in response before suddenly walking over to you and wrapping his arms around your body, pulling you into his chest.

"Don't worry, I can assure you it's nothing you did, Lonnie can just be a bit... unpredictable at times. This isn't the first time she's acted like this, I don't wanna dictate what you do but personally, I try not to associate myself with her unless it's work-related." The man replied as he started lightly stroking your hair.

You weren't used to this touchy side of him yet so you gently started pushing yourself away, much to the man's dismay but at the very least you appreciated the advice and the reassurance.

As sad as the man was that you were pushing him away he didn't wanna smother you with his love and affection yet, he would just have to slowly help you get used to him.

You were clearly very inexperienced when it came to things like romance, actions of love, and affection.

Your ex-boyfriend was clearly a coward as well Koren thought to himself with a smirk.

No biggie though, Koren will help and guide you in the right direction of everything, which mostly includes a future with just him.

Instead of awkwardly evading eye contact like you usually do, you looked at the man and smiled, "Thanks Koren, that means a lot."  You said In appreciation.

Koren's heart was practically melting at the sight of your pretty smile that he almost forgot you pushing his affection away.

Lost in the moment Koren couldn't help himself as he quickly but gently grabbed your chin and kissed your cheek.

You weren't even surprised at this point.

"No need to thank me (y/n) but that's very charming of you" the man replied with a sickly sweet smile.

"Also about yesterday I spoke with Allegra and you're not in trouble she just misunderstood things." The man said while tucking your hair behind your ear.