𝑻𝒉𝒊𝒓𝒕𝒚 𝒕𝒉𝒓𝒆𝒆

It had been probably a day and a half since Josie's murder, and her body was finally discovered, unfortunately by her father.

Of course, she hadn't shown up to work the next day and wasn't answering her phone.

So they called her father who drove four hours up to her apartment and tragically found her dead.

It's a difficult time for her loved ones, of course, everything is very fresh, but an investigation is ongoing.

As for you, you were completely shocked and quite frankly a little emotional.

Of course, you didn't know Josie long enough to be completely distraught over her death, but it was still sad.

And of course, it was shocking because just a couple of hours prior she was alive and well.

You sat in the break room of the restaurant mulling over the situation wondering how it could've happened, I mean I know this is always said in those dramatic crime documentaries but literally nothing ever happened in this quiet little town.

While you were busy deep in your thoughts, it was interrupted as you heard small quiet knocks from the other side of the break room.

You turned around to be faced with Koren, giving you a small smile "Hey (y/n), are you alright? I've been knocking and calling your name for like three minutes..." Koren asked as he began slowly approaching the female.

"Yeah I'm fine I guess?" You replied hesitantly "You guess? You know you can tell me anything that's bothering you, darling..." Koren stated in a gentle voice.

You looked up at the man before responding "It's just that... my neighbor  Josie died...her body was discovered this morning" you replied solemnly, looking down.

Gently, you felt the man's arms wrap around your form and softly pull you into his chest. "I'm so sorry to hear that (y/n)...it's awful something like that happened... and so close to you as well," Koren stated, comforting you.

Surprisingly, but much to Koren's delight you slowly but surely leaned into the embrace and eventually returned it.

Koren couldn't describe with words the absolute joy and excitement he felt well up inside his heart, you were returning his affections! He was practically melting.

"Thank you Koren that means a lot" you stated appreciatively, voice a bit muffled due to Koren's chest.

A bit over ecstatic due to you returning his embrace the man began squeezing you tighter, maybe a bit too tight as unbeknownst to him, he was quite literally knocking the air out of your lungs and it was getting a little harder to breathe by the second.

"O-okay Koren, can you let go now?" You asked in a panic, but Koren didn't hear you as your voice was now even more muffled due to him squeezing the ever-loving shit out of you.

He did finally hear you though as you began silently coughing and tapping his back.

Koren let you go in a panic and you broke into a fit of coughs, you actually had to grab his arm for support as you felt like you would fall over if you didn't grab onto something.

"I'm so sorry (y/n), I-I didn't mean to hurt you... sorry" Koren rambled out, guilty.

After about a minute of feeling like you were about to die (dramatic queen) you looked back up at Koren and chuckled a bit.

"Haha it's okay, just don't squeeze me so tight okay?" You stated humorously. "Okay...I'm sorry".

"No need to apologize I already said it's fine... I do have to get back to work though, but I'll see you later okay?" You
replied, just before you were about to walk out Koren grabbed your arm to stop you.

"Wait, would you like to come to my place after we close?" The man said, "Oh right about that, I can take the ride but I can't really stay at anyone's place right now." You stated apologetically.

Koren's brow quirked up, a slightly annoyed expression on his handsome face "What? Why?" Koren asked his grip on your arm tightening slightly "Well my uncle doesn't think it's safe right now, it's just until this Josie thing is over with" You flinched as more pressure was being applied to your arm.

"Are you serious? That doesn't even make sense. It makes sense for you to be away from your apartment complex" Koren stated with a scoff "I'm sorry but my uncle thinks it's safer for now, and honestly I kinda want to stay with him right now too" you replied while trying to shake from the man's grasp.

This behavior was kinda of weirding you out, Koren could be pushy and a little overbearing at times, but this was starting to make you a bit uncomfortable.

"What do you think you not safe with me or something? Do you think I'd hurt you (y/n)? You think I'd let someone hurt you?" Koren bombarded you with questions, his tone was quite alarming, and the grip he had on your arm was getting tighter by the second, Koren was starting to freak you out.

"Koren let g-" You tired speaking but you were cut off by Koren "(y/n) you really need to start thinking for yourself, you're an adult are you really going to listen to your uncle forever? Just come over."

You had officially lost your patience.

With all the force you had in your arm, you ripped it out of his grasp. "What the hell is wrong with you?" You asked the man in anger.

It took Koren a second, but as he looked down at your arm, you could already see the bruise forming in place and realized that a fucked up.

It was quite terrifying really, the man still hadn't answered your question but in almost a split second his demeanor completely changed back to normal.

He once again had a warm smile on his face and was chuckling slightly under his breath "Oh (y/n) I'm sorry I don't know what got into me, I guess I'm just worried about you too" Koren stated followed by a chuckle.

"I have an ointment for that bruise in my bag let me-" "I think I'm just gonna go back to work now okay?" You stated curtly cutting the man off.

Koren was about to object but before the man could say anything else you quickly scurried out of the break room.

You quickly started taking care of small tasks to distract yourself from what just happened.

Koren didn't look or sound like himself and it freaked you out. To others, it might sound dramatic but they weren't there. They didn't see his face.

He just looked...off.

You figured that maybe he's just a little spooked by Josie's abrupt death, he did know her better after all, they were in a relationship.

Yes, that's it.

He's just worried, a lot of people are that's understandable.

We've been around each other a lot recently, maybe we both need some space from each other.

𝐓𝐎 𝐁𝐄 𝐂𝐎𝐍𝐓𝐈𝐍𝐔𝐄𝐃...