𝑭𝒐𝒖𝒓𝒕𝒆𝒆𝒏

Koren walked into the messy trailer park home that he grew up in and was greeted with a tall pile of garbage bags and boxes.

The smell of cigarettes, liquor, and a hint of rotting food lingered in the air, the man made his way through the squalor of what used to be his childhood home.

He could hear his mothers coughing from afar, he eventually made his way to the living room to see his sick mother sitting in an old, beaten-down recliner chair drinking wine, watching some reality TV show like she usually does.

His mother looked up at him, with the same disdainful expression she's had for him since childhood.

"Did you get what I asked for?" Annalise asked her son in a horse voice followed by a closed-mouth cough, "Not even a hello? How mean.." the man replied in a snarky tone.

The woman rolled her eyes in response "Yes I got it for you Mother only because you asked so nicely of course" Koren stated sarcastically.

The woman scoffed and got up ripping the bag out of his hands in the process "Watch your mouth boy.." Annalise said without looking at the man.

What she asked for in question was Cigarettes, a case of beer, a couple of TV dinners, and some cheap makeup.

He looked at his ill mother and thought back to how she made him feel as a child she's gotten skinnier... I could practically blow her over, Koren thought to himself it was almost hard to believe that the woman in front of him was the main source of all his fear and sadness as a young boy, she used to intimidate him so much...

He looked over at the side table by her chair and saw a few dirty needles collecting dust, along with an old spoon. That explains a lot Koren thought.

That man took another look around the trailer home at the mess it's become, as a child his mother usually had him do all the household chores, it was never spotless, to say the least, but ever since he left things just seemed to be getting worse.

"Assuming since when you want something you usually just ask for money and then have someone else fetch it for you, you need to speak to me about something?"

Annalise Roland, was currently in the kitchen lighting up a cigarette and putting away her groceries in the old freezer, she turned to look at him, taking a drag off her cigarette before she responded.

"I need some money," his mother said in a disinterested tone the man rolled his eyes at the vague answer "How much money" Koren replied closing his eyes and rubbing his temple.

"I need around seven hundred," the woman said followed by a cough, the man chuckled a bit in disbelief "And what could you possibly need seven hundred dollars for?" The man asked amused.

"I need to pay someone back, mind your own damn business boy.." the woman muttered.

That pathetic child used to cower at the sound of my voice...

The man laughed a little louder this time "What? You steal drugs from someone-" Before Koren could continue he was cut off with a harsh slap.

After a moment of silence, the man stared at his mother with a blank expression, Annalise would never admit but it scared her.

Being that she felt intimidated she raised her hand to strike him again but before she could Koren tightly grasped her wrist.

Annalise started flailing and screeching at him to let go even having the nerve to pathetically cry 'abuse'.

"You know... I was just gonna say no and leave, but you can lose my number, don't ever fucking call me for anything." The man said in a cold voice devoid of anything.