❦ 1 ❦

Your head was pounding, your throat was sore and dry, and you felt nauseous.

You didn't know exactly where you were but you could tell you were on a bed of some sort.

You were afraid to open your eyes in fear of being greeted by your captor once again, letting you know that you failed.

But before you could open your eyes you heard a faint but very familiar voice.

Was that-

Valen?

You slowly opened your eyes, the bright white lights and sun hurting them, but without a doubt.

There he was on the phone, your uncle Valen.

The burly man noticed you before you said anything and quickly told the person on the phone that he would call them back and rushed over to you.

"(Y/n) you're awake! Are you okay!? Oh my god, I thought I'd never see you again..." Valen exclaimed before wrapping his big strong arms around you.

You tried speaking but all that came out were coughs and tears, you felt so relieved, you could finally breathe, and you could finally cry.

You hoped this wasn't a dream.

Valen quickly got you some water, and some nurses came in to do a wellness check.

"Is he-" you began speaking "Don't worry about him, that fuckers in police custody, he'll never hurt you again.."

You let out the biggest sigh of relief "What happened?" You asked. Valen looked at you with a sad smile "I'm not surprised you don't remember sweetheart, you were severely dehydrated, your foot was gashed open so you lost some blood, a hitchhiker found you in the woods you were pretty out of it but you were able to blurt out your name..." Valen explained smiling at you.

"You're so brave sweetheart I'm so proud of you" Valen praised patting your head.

At those words you burst into tears and threw yourself in his arms, Valen rubbed your back and shushed you like a crying child.

"I-I'm sorry I didn't call you I-I'm sorry I didn't tell you where I was going" You exclaimed through sobs and whispers "Oh sweetheart... this is not your fault, I'm just happy your safe.."

"Hey guess what? Everyone's here for you... your friends, grandma, Toby even your parents are here.."

"Really?" You asked through tears

"Yes (y/n)... you want me to bring them in?" Valen asked, as much as that would be nice, you just wanted to be with Valen for a little longer which is exactly what you told him.

Valen felt very proud.

After a while all your friends and everyone else came in, everyone cried, but everyone was happy you were home and safe.

You kept your word and told everyone how grateful you are and how much you loved them.

Valen actually got upset with you when you confessed to your doubts about him and he quickly reassured you that he loves you and wouldn't trade you for the world.

But you were happy.

You escaped from Koren

He was going to jail, once you dealt with all the court stuff of course.

But you were home.

You were free.

❦ 𝐄𝐍𝐃𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐎𝐍𝐄 ❦