𝑻𝒘𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒚 𝒇𝒐𝒖𝒓

One year ago...

Allegra walked home tired with sore feet after working a long day at the cafe she managed.

In her hands, she carried a bag of takeout for her and her husband to share.

All she wanted to do was kick off her heels and spend the rest of the night relaxing with her husband Michael.

She walked into her dark apartment and called out her husband's name letting him know that she was home.

In the silence of her apartment, all she could hear was the muffled lewd noises coming from the far end of her home.

Allegra felt her heart drop to her stomach.

She knew what was happening.

She knew what was going on behind that closed door of her and her husband's shared bedroom.

She just didn't want to admit that to herself, because that would make it too real.

With every drop of color drained out of her face and her heart thumping in her chest at a dangerously high rate, she slowly walked towards her bedroom door sounds getting louder with each step.

She put her hand on the doorknob and slowly turned it, opening the door to reveal her worst nightmares coming true.

It didn't need to be explained in words.

Just picture any dramatic scene in a movie where the wife finds her husband cheating on her, it was too heartbreaking to face.

The shocked faces of her husband and his mistress, the both of them rushing to get dressed, the stammered out apologies.

She just turned around and left.

Only cried when they couldn't see her.

The aftermath was worse.

As much as she wanted the man she loved to just admit what he had done and apologize for hurting her so deeply.

All that could come out of his mouth was gaslighting, lying, manipulation, excuses, and more lying.

When that didn't work in his favor, he turned to yelling, bashing her looks, and just about everything else, blaming.

He wanted a child.

And Allegra couldn't give him that.

So it was her fault.

When the divorce was finalized Michael wasted no time marrying his pregnant mistress.

They are still married today and now have a one-year-old son together.

Michael was her high school sweetheart. He was her everything.

So of course it hurt more than you could imagine.

In an effort to mend her broken heart, she turned to a dating app.

Where she unfortunately matched with Koren Lucas.

To her, the first date was perfect.

It had been a long time since she felt so beautiful, so cherished.

At first, she was fine with things being casual, she just wanted to be around this younger man who made her feel so important.

But she made the unfortunate mistake of growing infatuated.

So infatuated that she left her successful job of seven years to start a new restaurant with this man.

So infatuated that she gave him anything he wanted, and did anything he needed.

So infatuated she overlooked when he'd treat her badly or make her feel less than and even feel threatened by another woman just breathing in his direction.

And so so infatuated that she actually deluded herself into believing that they were in love and would soon share a future together.
.

.

.

.

.

.
Allegra sat at the local bar drinking and thinking back to the past and what led her to this point.

She knows it's silly, but what happened today just took her right back to the heartbreak of losing her husband again.

In that moment she just felt her world crumbling all over again.

She knows she took it too far, she knows things were only meant to stay casual.

She also knew deep down for a while that Koren was never really interested in her.

She just got lost in the moment.

And deluded herself into thinking that her life was perfect.

Just like she did with Michael.

𝐓𝐎 𝐁𝐄 𝐂𝐎𝐍𝐓𝐈𝐍𝐔𝐄𝐃...