Chapter 87

3rd Person POV~

"You found an agency for your work-study? Congratulations, Deku!" Uraraka cheered.

She was sitting on one of the stoles on the other side of the couches and in front of the TV. Mineta lay on the stool to her, with Mina to his right. Tsu sat on the couch beside Uraraka, with Izuku in the middle of the second couch. Iida, for some reason, had decided to stand in between Izuku's couch and where Mina sat, his whole body stiff and rigid.

"That's awesome!"

"Indeed. Well done, Midoriya." Iida held out his hand for Midoriya to shake.

"Thanks, guys." The boy smiled.

"Thank you. You're an example to us all. You and your sister." The boy adjusted his glasses.

"I dunno how the rest of us are supposed to compete, though," Kaminari said as he, Sato, Sero, Kirishima, and Tokoyami walked toward the group at the couches.

"Yeah, you'll be working at Sir Nighteye's agency. That's seriously amazing." Sero said in amazement.

"And I hear Togata recommended you," Kirishima added.

"Pretty impressive, man!"

"Um. Yeah, I guess." Izuku nervously scratched his cheek.

"The distance between us just keeps getting wider. We've got to catch up and soon." Todoroki said to Bakugo, the two of them listening to the class exchange from afar.

"I wish I had a place picked out. The school said Ginhead hasn't had enough interns, so his agency is a no-go." Uraraka placed her hands on her cheeks, her elbows resting on her knees.

"I know what you mean. I wanted to go to Selkie's, but that's out, too."

"Yeah, so is Forth Kind. He doesn't even accept students for work studies." Kirishima said after Tsu, hanging over the back of the couch.

"The teachers sure aren't making it easy for us, are they?" Sero asked.

"Thanks to all these requirements, a ton of agencies are ruled out right off the bat."

"You can't really blame them. Unlike the internships, we'll be directly involved, so if anything goes wrong, then..."

"Then the pros have to take responsibility for whatever happened," Aizawa interrupted Ojiro as he walked up to his students. "Only pros who're the real deal will take on rookies like you guys, knowing the risks involved. Tokoyami, looks like you've got an offer from one of them. Hawks has invited you to work with him in Kyushu."

"No way!" Denki gasped.

"Dude, he's the number three hero! That's awesome!" Sero cheered.

"Whoa, good job!"

"Well, what d'ya say?"

Tokoyami got off the wall he was leaning on, bowing his head. "I respectfully accept."

"All right then. I'll make sure you get the relevant paperwork later. Just let me know when you're expected in Kyushu. I can sign off on your absences. And if you have any questions on Hawks, you can ask Y/n. I'm sure she has a thing or two to say about him."

"Congrats, Tokoyami. You psyched?" Shoji asked from where he sat with Ojiro at the dining room tables.

"I am grateful, of course."

"We've really gotta catch up." Todoroki sighed.

"Would you stop saying that?" Bakugo snapped.

"Also, Kirishima. Apparently, Amajiki from the Big Three wants to talk to you about something."