Chapter 36

"Get away from him right now or I swear to god I'mma blast you." I glared at Cementos as he threatened to lock Bakugo to the second-place stand.

"But Ms. Midoriya, he has been openly threatening both you and Todoroki here. All us staff members are worried he will-"

"Bakugo won't do shit." I snapped. "Now go away."

"I didn't need your help." Bakugo glared at me, crossing his arms.

"Yeah, well, I gave it anyway. You're welcome."

"The first-year students have completed all of the events for the UA Sports Festival." Midnight announced. "Now it's time to relax and enjoy the awards ceremony."

Celebratory music sounded as fireworks went off around the stadium, a smoke bomb with confetti being set off as the three podiums were raised out of the ground, Bakugo to my right with Todoroki and Tokoyami to my left.

"I still find it bullshit how-"

"Katsuki, I swear, if you don't shut up I'll let Cementos put that damn muzzle on you." I rolled my eyes, glancing toward Bakugo, who was now muttering to himself while glaring at the ground, his hands smoking.

"Now, let's break out the hardware. Of course, there's only one person worthy of distributing the awards."

All Might's laugh rang through the stadium, everyone looking up to see the hero pozing at the of the structure.

"Citizens! I am here with the medals!" "All Might, the number one hero!" The two said at the same time as All Might jumped from the roof, landing a few feet in front of the podiums.

"Ruined that, didn't I?" Midnight cringed. "So, now that you're here, All Might, why don't you start the presentation?"

"Young Tokoyami. Congratulations. You showed great strength out there." All Might said to the bird boy as he placed the bronze medal around his neck.

"Your words humble me, sir."

"However." All Might started as he pulled the boy into a hug. "You've more training to do if you're going to be able to fight against different kinds of villains. You're not going to be able to rely on your quirk in every battle you face."

"Yes, sir." Tokoyami mumbled as he looked at his new metal.

"Young Todoroki. Congratulations. I'm assuming there's a reason you didn't use your left side. Though it cost you the semifinal."

"Y/n helped open my eyes a bit before my match, but I started to doubt myself. I want to be the kind of hero you are, but my path isn't as clear as I thought it was. I have a lot to think about. And I still need to settle things with someone. Very soon." I smiled at Shoto's words, pride blooming in my chest for my best friend.

"I've never seen this sort of look on your face before." All Might said as he hugged the boy. "I won't ask for details, but trust yourself. I'm sure you'll work things out."

"Right."

"Young Bakugo. You certainly did what you said you'd do in the pledge. You're true to your word." All Might smiled.

"All Might..." Bakugo growled, his body starting to shake. "Winning second place this way doesn't prove that I'm one of the best one's here! Even if the world considers me second, I refuse to accept it like this!" Bakugo yelled, making All Might sweat a bit.

"In a world where we're constantly being compared to one another. There are very few who can keep their eyes focused on the top spot. You're one of them." Katsuki continued to growl, but thankfully didn't say anything.