Chapter 82

"Is he... for real?" Sero asked as our class stood around Gym Gamma, all of us in our gym clothes watching Mirio stretch in front of us, Aizawa, Hado, and Amajiki standing off to the side.

"Oh, yeah, totes real," Mirio said.

"Mirio. You're impossible." Tamaki grumbled from his spot leaning on the wall. "It would have been simple enough for us to just tell them. "This is what it's like, here's what we learned from it." Not everyone has your level of drive. Plus, think about it. What if some of them can't recover after fighting you? No one wants to spend the next few years in a hospital bed."

"I bet he's just trying to psych us out," Kirishima mumbled.

"Hey, listen up. It's story time." Nejire announced from where she stood with Mina, wiggling the poor girl's horns. "Long ago, a student got frustrated in class and quit being a hero, and it was terrible for everyone. Did you know that? So, Togata, I know our job is tough. But you better make sure you know what you're doing. Be careful, okay?"

"Please stop touching those," Pinky begged.

"They're Y/n's classmates! If she thinks they'll do just fine against me, then I don't see why I shouldn't continue!" Mirio smiled, looking at me.

I pursed my lips in thought, turning to look at the rest of my class, almost assessing them.

"Oh, come on, Y/n, you shouldn't have to put that much thought into it!" Denki whined.

"Yes, let's think about this. You're obviously much further ahead than us. But we've fought pros before." Tokoyami said.

"Not to mention, we took down some legitimate villains." Kirishima stepped up. "I don't think you need to worry about hurting us. We're not a buncha wannabes."

"Mm! Heard, but you're gonna have to show me that's the truth. So, Y/n? What'dya think?" Togata asked me again.

I sighed, looking at all my classmates' determined faces.

"Yeah, whatever. Just don't kill anyone, please. I like my friends intact."

"Wait–"

"Awesome! Now, who's gonna start this party?" Mirio cut Jiro off.

"I've got this."

"No. I'm first."

"You stole my thunder!" Kirishima whined as my brother confidently stood ahead of us all.

"Heads up, he's fast. This'll be a good lesson." Aizawa cupped his hands around his mouth to project his voice.

"Oh, the problem child! You're Y/n's brother, right? Yes, this is perfect, I've heard you got plenty-a fire in ya. Makes sense, since Y/n does too, you are related after all."

Izuku stretched his arms above his head before getting into a deep squatting position, his arms out and at the ready as his power swirled around him.

"The close combat team should surround him first thing!" Sato said as he, Ojiro, and Kirishima got into fighting stances.

"Let's do it." Kiri cheered, hardening his arms and face.

The rest of my classmates, close combat or not, got into ready stances while I continued to relax my body, a quick idea causing me to kick my shoes off and toss them to the side of the gym.

"We've got ourselves a new mentor. Thanks for the opportunity, man. The opportunity to kick your butt." Right as Kirishima finished his little hype speech, Izuku dashed after Mirio.