Chapter 42

Nothing much happened the rest of the time with Grandma. Just me practicing and getting the hang of my new abilities. I had shown them all to Dad, Bakugo, and Todoroki as soon as I got back home, using my new teleporting skill to go from house to house. I also told Toshinori and Aizawa, who both were stunned at the new development.

But now, school was back in session, and class 1-A was returning to class.

"Holy crap! What the heck, Bakugo?" Sero and Kirishima cackled upon seeing the boy, whose hair was still gelled back.

"Stop laughing!" The boy beside me shook, causing me to chuckle. "My hair's gotten used to this and I can't get it back the right way. Did you not hear me? I'll kill you both."

"I'd like to see ya try, pretty boy." Sero taunted.

"What did you call me?!" Bakugo screamed, and the three of us died in laughter as his hair shot out in all directions, reverting to its normal spiky self.

"Hey, there it goes!"

I continued to laugh as Bakugo went to attack the two boys, grabbing them both by their collars.

"-Now if you wanna talk about the ones who really changed, it was those three."

"Oh, yeah! The Hero Killer!" Sero chimed into what Kaninari was saying.

"Glad you guys made it back alive. Seriously." Kiri added.

"I worried about you, too," Yayorozu said, though only looked at Todoroki.

"You were really lucky Endever showed up and saved you guys," Sato said.

"So cool." Hagakure gushed. "Just what I'd expect from the number two hero!"

Shoto's head bent down, his eyes looking at his desk. "Yeah, that's right. He saved us."

"Did you guys hear the news about the Hero Killer? Everyone's been saying that he somehow connected to the League of Villains." Ojiro stated. "Can you imagine how frightening it would've been if that creep had been there when they attacked the USJ?"

"He's scary, yeah. But did you see him in that weird video? It's all over the internet." Kaminari said, making me furrow my brows in confusion.

"I didn't know there was a video of him." I chimed into the conversation as Bakugo led Kirishima and Sero toward our desks.

"Yeah. Stain's a pretty evil villain, but, like, super tenacious. He's almost kinda cool, don'tcha guys think?"

"Kaminari!" Izuku fretted.

"Uh– Oh! Dude!" Kami covered his face, his eyes glancing toward Iida.

"No, it's okay. You're fine." The boy reassured, looking down at his arm. "It's true that he's quite a tenacious villain. I understand why people might think he was cool. But instead of helping the world, his beliefs led him to cold-blooded murder. No matter his motives, killing cannot be condoned.

"To keep anyone else from suffering like me, well, I promise: I will strive to be the perfect hero."

"Yeah. Let's do it!" Izuku cheered.

"It's time for class to begin! Everyone, please take your seats."

Iida started to rant as our classmates talk amongst themselves, some berating Kaminari for getting Iida started.

"Oh, hey, I know the news has been mainly about Stane, but did anyone else hear about Sage?" Mina asked the class, making me freeze.

"No, what about her?" Jiro asked.