Chapter 68

I couldn't be sure, but Aizawa must have told the students who were there that night not to say anything, cause I didn't get any questions about what happened the following morning.

Instead, I was able to wake up in peace, surrounded by the scent of caramel and smoke, and tightly held by two strong arms. I carefully rubbed the sleep away from my eyes before looking up, being met with Katsuki's peacefully sleeping face.

I softly sighed as I raised my hand higher, raking my fingers through the boy's ash blond hair, still marveling at how soft it was for something so spiky-looking.

"What do you think you're doing?"

I smirked at Katsuki's husky voice, filled with sleep, though his eyes were still closed.

"You need to let me use your conditioner sometime. Your hair is so fucking soft." I said, continuing to run my hand through the strands.

"Get your own shit, Witch." He grumbled, though still didn't remove my hand. "How're you feeling."

"Better." I nodded. "Thank you. For everything."

"I didn't do much. Just knocked your brain right." He opened his eyes, making my green meet his red. "What the hell happened, last night? You scared the shit outta me."

"I'm sorry." I frowned, my eyes leaving his. "I just... everything from that day kept playing in my head like in a loop. I couldn't get it to stop, even after I woke up. It was like I was reliving it all over again."

I hadn't even realized my body had started to shake as Bakugo huffed and held me tighter, one of his hands moving to the back of my head.

"You don't have to be sorry, dumbass." He practically whispered, and I think I felt my heart fucking stutter. "I'm... sorry... for not getting myself out of that shit in the first place. Then you wouldn't have had to deal with it. Wouldn't have gotten hurt."

"Hey." I frowned, scrunching my eyebrows. "You did everything we could at the time. You're not to blame in any of this."

"Tch, if I'm not to blame, then neither are you."

"But–"

"Shut the fuck up, dumbass, and just say I'm right."

I let out an amused sigh as I placed my head back on Bakugo's chest. "Yeah, whatever, Backhoe."

"Fuck you, Witch."

~~

Over the next few days, Aizawa would help prep me for my coming press conference while the others trained, and at night, I had started to teleport myself to Katsuki's room, the boy (probably regretfully) allowing me to sleep in his bed with him to help with my nightmares.

Strangely enough, they never came when I was with him.

Eventually, though, the day of my press conference came, with my classmate's provisional exam being just two days later.

"You really don't have to come," I said for the millionth time as I wrapped my new scarf around my neck, my old one being ruined during the battle with All For One.

"Tch. Of course I do. Who else is gonna make sure you don't make a fool of yourself on live TV?" Katsuki asked, having invited himself to my press conference.

"Let me think, Aizawa, Principal Nezu, my dad." I raised a brow. "Seriously though, you can just watch me on the news like the rest of our classmates."

"I'm not gonna sit with those idiots!" Katsuki yelled, standing from my bed as I finished attaching my knife holder to my right thigh.

"Alright, whatever you say." I rolled my eyes. "I hope you're ready to leave, then. Cause I'm heading out now."