Chapter 44

The rest of the week had been a bit hectic with studying and training. Bakugo and I ended up spending most of the time together, and every once and a while Kirishima would join. I would've trained with Todoroki a bit, but he was a bit insistent on working solo.

"All right, put your pencils down," Aizawa called out. "The last person in each row, bring the answer sheets to me."

"Thanks so much for all your help!" Mina cheered as Momo collected our rows of sheets.

"I didn't leave anything blank at least!" Kaminari added.

"How do you think you did?" I leaned forward to Bakugo.

"Amazing." He grunted, idly fiddling with his pencil.

"Good! Would hate to miss you at camp just cause your dumb ass couldn't get the answers right." I smiled, leaning back just in time for the angry pomeranian to harshly turn in his seat.

"What the hell did you just say?!"

"What, are you losing your memory now?" I teased. "Maybe there is something wrong with your brain. Hope it didn't affect those tests."

I laughed as Bakugo continued to yell profanities at me, shooting me harsh glares throughout the day.

But, now that the written exams were over, it was time to move on to the practical exams.

"Now then. Let's begin the last test." Aizawa announced, standing in front of seven other teachers. The lineup of educator heroes consisted of Ectoplasm, Cementoss, Power Loader, Snipe, Present Mic, Thirteen, and Midnight.

"Remember, it's possible to fail this final. If you wanna go to camp, then don't make any stupid mistakes."

"Uh. Why are all the teachers here?" Jiro asked.

"I expect many of you have gathered information and believe you have some idea of what you'll be faced with today."

"We're fightin' those big ol' metal robots!" Kaminari cheered, making me roll my eyes at his blindness.

"Fireworks! S'mores! Here we come, camp!" Mina joined.

"Actually, this year's tests..." Principal Nezu shimmied out of Aizawa's scarf, popping out from the top. "...will be completely different, for various reasons."

"Principal Nezu!" Several of my classmates shouted in surprise while Mina and Denki froze in disappointment and shock.

"You're changing things?" Momo clarified.

"The tests now have a new focus," Nezu explained, using Aizawa's scarf to scale down the man's body, Thirteen helping the rodent safely down. "There will be Hero work, of course. But also teamwork and combat between actual people."

"Yikes, it's your weakness. Teamwork." I pretended to tremble in fear as Bakugo rolled his eyes, pushing me away.

"So what does that mean for you?" Nezu rhetorically asked. "You students will be working together in pairs and your opponents will be one of our esteemed UA teachers! Isn't that fabulous?!"

I confidently smirked as my classmates panicked, having already fought and beaten three of the teachers before us time and time again in normal training.

"We're... fighting the teachers?"

"Additionally, your partners and your opponents have already been chosen. They were determined at my discretion based on various factors, including fighting style, grades, and interpersonal relationships." Aizawa stated.