Chapter 43

A/n ~ I just realized I accidentally lied to some of you... the Baku fluff isn't coming till chapter 48, so we still have a little bit to go... so sorry everyone! Here's an early update as an apology! <3

"All right. That's it for class today." Aizawa said as the bell rang. "There's only one week left before your final exams begin. I'm sure you're all studying constantly, right? Don't forget to keep training. The written exam is only one element. There's also the practical portion to worry about. Good luck."

"I've barely even taken notes this semester!" Mina and Kaminari shouted as Aizawa shut the door behind him, the girl laughing while the boy yelled in a panic.

"And with the sports festival and internship, I didn't have time to read the textbook."

"It's true that we haven't had very much free time lately," Tokoyami mumbled.

"We'd barely learned anything when we took our midterms, so they didn't seem all that hard, but I'm kinda worried about these," Sato stressed. "We've been through a lot, and they probably won't pull any punches when it comes to testing us."

"As someone ranked in the top ten, I'm not that concerned." Mineta cockily stated.

"What?! You got tenth in the midterms?" Mina and Denki shouted.

"Aw, man, and here I thought you were one of us!"

"Don't you know weirdo little creeps like you are only likable if they're kinda stupid?! Who's going to love you now?!"

"Everyone. Trust me."

I want to slap that grape head so bad.

"Ashido, Kaminari! We've still got time to study! That way we'll all get to go to the training camp together. Right?"

"Yes! As a class officer, I have high hopes that we'll make UA proud. Y/n! Do you have some encouraging words, seeing as you're class rep?" Iida turned everyone's attention to me.

"Um, yeah, I guess." I cleared my throat as I stood from my desk.

"While I'm sure we'll all do just fine, here's a little reminder that might help motivate you. What Shinzo told us during the sports festival still stands. Any one of us could get replaced by a student in a different class if we don't do well enough. So I expect all of you to work hard."

"Wow, Y/n, kinda a bummer speech." Kaminari deflated as I sat back down.

"It's pretty hard to fail if you just pay attention in class, isn't it?" Shoto glared at the boy.

"Why you gotta cut me down like that?"

"Hey, don't worry about it, you two, I can catch you up to speed on the important topics, if you want," Yaoyarozu said, being a literal saint.

"You're the best, Yao-momo!"

"I'm afraid I won't be any help when it comes to the practical, though." The girl fretted.

"I've been studying, but... could you help me out too?" Jiro asked Momo. "I'm having some trouble understanding quadratic functions."

"Really?" Yaoyarozu perked up.

"Tutor me, please! Classical Japanese is killin' me!" Sero clasped his hands together over his head.

"Is there room for one more?" Ojiro walked up to the group behind me. "I'm afraid I'm falling behind a little."

"Pretty please!" The group of three begged.

"Wonderful! Yes, let's do it!"

"All right!"