Chapter 29

"Hey, sports fans. Are ya ready?" Present Mic's voice rang threw the stadium, causing thousands of people to cheer. "After all the action you're already witnessed, it's time for the real battles to begin! Can ya feel the excitement? Our competitors are on their own now!

"Sometimes, heroes have only themselves to rely on! Heart. Skill. Strength. Wisdom. Courage. They'll have to use all of these things to rise to the top!"

"Y/n." I froze a bit upon hearing the deep voice, my spine straightening as I turned to look at the number two hero.

"Enji. What are you doing down here?" I watched the man huff, his mustache flames grow for a moment.

"I wanted to come and wish you luck. Is that so hard to believe?"

"Yes." I bluntly stated. "My guess is more of you wanting me to get to the last round so it doesn't look like some "weakling" is able to go against your "prised son". That only the strong can go against him and have a chance."

"Is it so hard to believe I actually wish you well? After how long we've known each other?" He asked, his frown deepening.

"Because of how long we've known each other? Most definitely."

"Young Y/n! I am here, to give you a pep talk!" Toshinori cheered in his All Might form. "Ah, but I see Endever has beaten me to it."

"Don't worry about Enji. He was just leaving."

The number two hero stared at me for a moment longer before sighing once more, turning to walk away.

"I do wish you luck, Y/n. If anyone were to beat my Shoto, I wish it to be you. And I'm sure you're father would be proud of just how far you've come."

All Might waited until Endever left to transform back into his normal weak form, coughing up a bit of blood in the process.

"Well, Endever already said it - in his own way, at least - but you've been doing great so far. And I'm sure you'll do just as well in your one-on-one battles, too."

"Thanks, Toshinori."

"You nervous at all?"

"No. I was on Shinso's team in the cavalry battle, so I already know his quirk, and I already know I'm somehow not affected by it. A bit unfair for him, but I'm gonna try and at least give him a chance. He deserves it."

"You're really kind, young Midoriya. Endever was right, you're father would be proud of you. I know all of us heroes that know you are."

"Thanks, Toshi. Now, you should head out, before someone else comes to say something to me. Don't really feel like answering hard questions about who the skeleton man I was talking to was."

Toshinori let out a strained laugh before turning back into his All Might form. "You have a point there, young one! Now, don't forget that all of us will be up in the stands, cheering you on!"

"All right, audience! Let's cut to the good stuff and not delay these finals any longer. Welcome our first fighters. Not only did she get into the hero course based on recommendation, but she's also class 1-A's Class Representative! It's Y/n Midoriya from the hero course versus Hitoshi Shinso from general studies, who really hasn't done anything to stand out yet.

"The rules are simple. Immobilize your opponent or force them outta the ring. You can also win by getting the other person to cry uncle! Bring on the injuries, 'cause we've got our very own Recovery Girl waiting on standby! So put your morals aside and don't be afraid to play dirty! But of course, no life-threatening crap, folks. It's not allowed! Real heroes use their power to throw villains in jail, not kill them."