Chapter 65

"I believe I mentioned this already, but your main focus this summer is obtaining provisional hero licenses," Aizawa announced to the class.

"Yes, sir!"

"Do not take this lightly. A hero license means that you're responsible for human lives. You can imagine that the exam to receive one is very difficult. Only 50 percent of students pass the tests required for these permits each year. I'm honestly still shocked Y/n was able to pass it at such a young age."

"Hey!" I pouted.

"It's that hard to get a provisional license?" Mineta panicked.

"In order to prepare, today you'll concentrate on creating something new," Aizawa said as the classroom door slid open, revealing Cementoss, Midnight, and Ectoplasm. "Two ultimate moves."

"Ultimate moves?" Kaminari, Kirishima, Mina, and Sero all cheered. "An exam is a normal school thing. But this is total hero work!"

"When we say "ultimate", we mean a move that will ensure you win against your opponent," Ectoplasm explained.

"An action so unique to your identity that no other person can hope to copy it," Cementoss added. "Simply put, you must learn to lean into your strengths."

"Your moves represent who you are. These days, most pro heroes have an ultimate move. Those who don't are fools." Midnight ended.

"This may sound abstract, but we'll explain more as the day goes on. For now, change into your costumes and meet in Gym Gamma. Girl Midoriya." My head shot up as Aizawa referred to me. "Because your identity is out, your school hero costume has been replaced with your real one. There's no point in training in a costume you won't be wearing out in the real world."

"Um, speaking of Y/n being a real hero, what's she doing for the provisional exam?" Uraraka asked.

"Because she already has three special moves, there's no real reason for her to create another one. She can do that in her free time if she really wants to. Instead, Y/n is actually going to use this time to help all of you."

"Three?!" The class shouted.

"Yeah! One I came up with during my final exam, one when we were training with the Pussycats, and another when doing newer training with some of my family." I nodded to the class, before looking back at Aizawa. "So, I'm helping?"

"Yes, you are." Aizawa barely glanced at me. "Because you named her as your class rep, and you all live together, Y/n knows all of you better than us teachers. She's more qualified to help if any of you get stuck when working on your special moves. Plus, she really shouldn't be doing anything too strenuous right now, with her still healing."

"I've told you, I'm fine, you hypocrite!"

"When the rest of you are doing your exam, Y/n will just sit up in the stands with me, watching how all of you do. Now, go change and meet us in Gym Gamma." Aizawa ignored me, he and the other teachers walked out of the room as our cases holding our costumes appeared out of the wall.

"Wow, Y/n! It's so cool seeing your Sage hero costume up close!" Uraraka beamed as we all changed in the locker room, with me changing with the others instead of in the showers.

"You've seen it before, Ochaco. Remember, at the mall?" I quirked a brow.

"Oh, yeah! God, I can't believe I asked you for an autograph for yourself!" Mina laughed.

"Yeah, that felt really weird."

~~

"Gym Gamma, also known at the Academy as the "Training Dining Land," or TDL," Aizawa said as we all stepped into the facility.