Chapter 18

Upon Aizawa getting home, I was met with nothing but complaints about how insufferable my class was and how he had no hope for the future Heros, especially Izuku.

"I mean, ouch." I gave him an incredulous look as he walked past me in the kitchen.

"I obviously don't mean you. You're ten times better than the rest of them." He rolled his eyes. "Todoroki and Yayorozu are going to give you a run for your money, though."

"I know. I can't wait to see how I do against those two!" I smiled.

In the morning, I met up with Bakugo on the train to school. He didn't say much as I rambled on about the possibilities for what today's classes could bring, excited for the possibilities. Walking up to the campus gates, my eyes widened upon seeing a hoard of reporters bombarding my classmates.

"Hey, kids! Are you in All Might's class? Oh, hold on." A female reporter followed us, her mic shoved in Bakugo's face. "Aren't you that Sludge Villain kid?"

Bakugo got instantly annoyed by the reminder, telling the lady to walk away.

"But, what about you? Are you in All Might's class?" She trusted the mic towards me.

"Lady, I suggest you get that thing out of my face before I fling it all the way to America." I glared, taking Bakugo's arm and shoving us threw the rest of the reporters and threw the UA border. "Vultures, the lot of them. God, I hate reporters."

"Hey wait, didn't she look kinda like-"

"You really don't want to do that." I glared back at a cameraman, watching as his eyes widened from the new voice in his head and shaking his head repeatable in understanding.

"Come on, Witch. Stop scaring the vultures." Bakugo mumbled, leading me toward the building.

~~

"Decent work on yesterday's combat training, you guys." Aizawa complimented once the class had settled. "I saw the video feeds and went over each of your teams' results. Bakugo. You're talented. So don't sulk like a child about your loss, okay?"

"Yeah, whatever." Porcupine huffed.

"Girl Midoriya, I liked the way you incorporated your teammate into your plan. You had a flawless execution. Great job."

"Thanks, Sir!" I beamed, straitening in my seat a bit.

"And boy Midoriya. I see the only way you won the match was by messing up your arm again. Work harder. And don't give me the excuse that you don't have control over your quirk. That line's already getting old. You can't keep breaking your body while training here. But your quirk will be really useful if you can get a handle on it. So show a little urgency, huh?"

"Right!" Izuku agreed, and I could practically feel him buzzing in the desk behind mine.

"Let's get down to business. Our first task will decide your future." The teacher started, and you could feel the tension in the room. "You all need to pick a class representative."

Everyone, including Bakugo, started waving their arms around the room, yelling over one another to shout how they should be picked.

"Will you all be quiet!" I shouted over the class, causing all eyes to be on me. "God, you guys. We'll never figure this out if all we're doing is yelling over one another."

"Indeed. The class representative's duty is to lead others. That's not something just anyone can do. You must first have the trust of every student in the classroom. Therefore, the most logical way to fill this position is democratically. We will hold an election to choose our leader!" Iida raised his hand above everyone.