Chapter 15

"You can't send one of us home! I mean, we just got here! Even if it wasn't the first day, that isn't fair!" Ururaka wined, clearly stressed by what Aizawa was telling us.

"Oh, and you think natural disasters are?" Aizawa asked her, making several students gasp. They seemed to be doing a lot of that. "Or power-hungry villains? Hm? Or catastrophic accidents that wipe out whole cities? No, the world is full of unfairness. It's a hero's job to try to combat that unfairness. If you wanna be a pro, you're gonna have to push yourself to the brink. For the next three years, UA will throw one terrible hardship after another at you. So, go beyond. Plus Ultra-style. Show me it's no mistake that you're here."

I could practically feel everyone's minds racing, preparing to take on what was about to be thrown at us.

"Now then. We're just wasting time by talking. Let the games begin."

~~

The whistle blew, signaling the start of the first event, the 50-meter dash.

"Runners, on your marks. Ready-" The sound of a gun went off, and Iida dashed to the end of the line so fast before I could blink, while Asui hopped over as fast as she could.

"3.04 seconds." The robot said Iida's time from the side.

"Well, he's definitely in his element, but speed won't help him in every test." I heard Aizawa grumble.

I watched as the other students went, some doing better than the others.

"You ready to lose, Witch?" I heard a grumble next to me.

"I don't know. I'm feeling pretty good today. You might actually be the one losing today, porcupine." I smirked at the spiky-haired boy beside me.

"Tch, yeah right." He rolled his eyes as our names were called.

"Good luck, Bakugo." I smiled. "Your gonna need it."

Bakugo was about to say something, but the robot lady cut him off, the sound of the gunshot playing before he could get a word in. As fast as I could I activated my power, energy shooting out of my hands and pushing me to the finish line, Bakugo hot on my tail as he used his sparks to help push him.

"4.02 seconds. 4.13 seconds." The robot said, one time after the other. A smile came across my face as I panted a little, turning to a now angry Bakugo.

"How the hell did you beat me you shitty extra?!" He yelled as he stomped over to me.

"Oh, come on, Bakuhoe, you can't be that surprised that I won." I smiled. "Plus, it was just an eleven-second difference. Nothing to sweat about."

The second test came up fast, this one being for strength. We were supposed to grip as hard as we can onto devices that would somehow be able to calculate a number saying how well we did.

I wouldn't say I did bad. With the help of my energy manipulation quirk, I was able to hit just over 200 kilograms. I heard Sero talking to a guy who hit 540, so that was cool.

The next test was the standing long jump. Bakugo, Todoroki, and I all tied at the end of the sand pit, with a few others getting near us as well.

After that was the Repeated Side Steps, and I once again used my energy manipulation to get me to go as fast as I could, similar to how I did the 50-meter dash earlier.

The next test was the one Bakugo did earlier, the Ball Throw. There were a lot of people who were able to do well on this one, including Todoroki, Shoji, Sato, Yayorozu, and Ururaka, the last one actually being able to somehow get an infinity sign as her number.