Chapter 83

"I tried to make it so you wouldn't see my willy. Sorry if you got a peek." Miro casually said as we all came back together in Gym Gamma. "But, anyway. That's a taste of what it's like to fight me."

"We all just got punched in the stomach without ever knowing what was going on." Izuku groaned as my classmates all held their stomachs in pain.

"Except for Y/n. How'd you do that, huh?" Denki scowled at me.

"I just felt threw the earth in the floor to see where he was. That's why I had my shoes off. Using illusions helped confuse him so Mirio couldn't tell where I truly was." I shrugged, and my classmates looked at me in either shock or disbelief.

Or both.

"Right, so, whaddaya think? Isn't my quirk strong?" Mirio asked.

"Yeah, it's too strong!" Tape Dispenser angrily shouted, waving his fist in the air.

"That's not fair! Mine's nothing in comparison." See Threw complained.

"How can you slip through things and warp?" The Pink Alien asked. "Do you have two powers like Todoroki does? Or is it one giant quirk like Y/n?"

"Nope. Just the one, like all of you."

"Ooh. I know! I'll tell you what his quirk is." Nejire stood in front of the blond boy, holding her hand in the air. "Hey, hey, can I say it? Permeation! Cool, right?"

"Hado. Let Mirio explain his own power." Tamaki grumbled.

"Yup! I've got a sweet quirk that's called Permeation. What you guys thought of as a warp was, you guessed it, simply an alternative application of that power." Mirio then looked down at the pouting girl tugging his shirt. "Oh, sorry, Hado."

"So, how exactly do you warp, huh?" Izuku excitedly asked, and I had to hold back a laugh upon seeing him fantom write on his hand as if he had his notebook.

"I activate my quirk in my entire body. Then, I can pass through anything I want, no sweat. Everything! That includes solid ground."

"So, that was you falling through the floor of the gym?" Ochaco asked.

"That's right, I went deep underground. And then, whenever I release my quirk while I'm falling, something super strange happens. Apparently, things with mass can't overlap. That's called physics! So, I get repelled upward!

"Think of it this way. The ground spits me out, and I fly up into the air. That's how my warp works. By adjusting the direction I'm facing or the pose I'm holding, I can change the angle I come out at, so I can aim at different spots."

"That sounds like a buggy video game." Pink Queen puffed out her cheeks in frustration.

Mirio let out a crazed laugh. "Hey, that's pretty funny!"

"You're able to avoid any attacks. And you can move where you want in an instant. Aw! You were born with a really strong quirk." Tsu placed a finger on her chin.

"Not true. My power's only strong because I made it that way." Togata corrected. "While my quirk is activated, my lungs can't take in oxygen. Even if I breathe in, the air'll just pass through. In the same way, my eardrums don't work. And light can't go through my retinas. I can pass through everything. But that means I can't feel anything when I'm in that state. Even though I have a body, I can't stop falling. I could probably keep going down forever.

"Does that make sense? That's why, if I wanna go through something like, say, a wall. I have to concentrate really hard. I'll activate everything except one leg. Then I release the other leg and land on it. And then the first leg is the last one to go through. Even for a simple action like that, there are a bunch of little steps involved."