Chapter 33

"Hey, there you two are!" Kirishima cheered as we walked into the class 1-A box.

"Where have you two been? You just missed Tokoyami and Mina's battle!" Kaminari leaned over Kiri as I sat beside the rock boy, Bakugo sitting beside me in the aisle seat.

"Crap. I wanted to see how she'd do." I pouted.

"Well, you didn't miss much. Tokoyami used Dark Shadow to push her out of bounds. The match was over pretty quick." Jiro turned around, right as Present Mic's voice came through the stadium.

"Both come from hero families, making this a battle of elites! From the hero course, Tenya Iida! Versus, his classmate, Shoto Todoroki!"

"Who are you rooting for, Y/n?" Kiri asked.

"Oh, Shoto all the way. I like Iida and all, but Todo's my best friend. Plus, I have no doubt Todo will win this." I confidently stated.

"Start!"

Shoto quickly shot his ice at Iida, who quickly ran in another direction, evading the attack. Iida tried getting close to Todoroki, but the icey boy used his quirk once again, blocking Iida from two-thirds of the ring.

"Iida's been surrounded!"

Shoto then made an ice path head straight for Iida, who took a second to dodge.

"Todoroki's going in for the win already!"

My mouth parted in shock as Iida jumped over Shoto's ice, using his engine legs to kick at Shoto's head, only to kick his back with the boy ducked. With Shoto on the ground, Iida harshly kicked him again, causing Shoto's body to practically jump from impact.

"Look at that speed!"

"I didn't know he could kick like that!" Kaminari gaped.

I carefully watched as Todoroki frosted the ground, right before Iida grabbed the back of his shirt, running him to the other end of the ring. But then he stopped, and ice began traveling up Iida's legs and arm, going all the way up to his neck.

"Iida has been immobilized! Todoroki advances!"

"Todoroki moves on to the third bracket without even using his flames again!"

"Hey, you two. Good luck down there!" I smiled, watching as Kirishima and Bakugo both stood.

"Thanks, Y/n! I'mma dedicate this win to you!" Kiri punched his fists together, making me roll my eyes as Bakugo scoffed.

"Fat chance, stupid hair," Porcupine grumbled, stuffing his hands in his pockets before walking off. "And you better stay here, Witch. I don't wanna fight you when you're tired from walking all over this damn arena."

"I'm not gonna argue with that." I shrugged, sitting back in my seat.

It didn't take much longer for the match to start, both boy's walking onto the now ice-free ring, and Mic yelling for the match to start.

Kiri was quick to charge at Bakugo, his hardened arm swiping just past the blond's face before he got blasted.

"He countered!"

"Kirishima! Go straight for the chin!" I heard what sounded like Walmart-Kiri shout from the other side of the barrier between us and Class 1-B.

"Bakugo's having a heck of a time dodging Kirishima's fierce attacks!"

"Yeah! That's my boys! Kick each other's ass!" I clapped, making some of my teammates look at me weirdly. "What?"

"It's just a little weird. We thought you would root for Bakugo, seeing as you're closer and all. Ribbit." Tsu told me.