Chapter 4

As I started walking to Inko's place, I noticed a small park up ahead. Because I had nothing else to do and wanted to delay going to see her for as long as I could, I decided to go and walk the path that surrounded the outside of the park.

I looked around and noticed all of the people there. The kids playing in the sandbox or going down the slide. Their parents either watched them or talked with whoever they were with. I started zoning out and stopped paying attention to what was in front of me, which caused me to run into someone and fall on my butt. I looked up and saw a VERY angry guy looking over at me, also on the ground. He looked like he was about to explode.

"I am SO sorry I was spacing out and didn't realize someone was in front of me." I said trying to sound as nice as possible so this guy wouldn't start something. I quickly got up and offered my hand out to the guy to help him up, but he quickly slapped it away.

"I don't need your goddamn help! And watch where you're fucking going next time you fucking dumbass!" He screamed as he started to get up. The angry pomeranian-looking guy started looking around for something, and out of the corner of my eye, I saw a water bottle lying a few feet away from us.

"Oh, are you looking for this?" I said using my telekinesis to pick up the water bottle and bring it in front of him. He gave the bottle a questioning look before looking at me. He must have noticed that my eyes were glowing, which happened when I used any part of my quirk, and concluded that I was the one making the bottle float.

He quickly snatched it and started walking. I started walking again too, but because I was going in the same direction as him, it looked like I was following him, which he quickly noticed as well.

"Why the hell are you following me?" The angry pomeranian yelled.

"I'm not, I'm just trying to delay meeting someone, so I decided to walk this path that I came across."

"Are you stupid or something? This path has been here for as long as I can remember. How are you just now noticing it?" He asked a bit calmer than when we first started talking, though the irritation was still in his voice.

"I don't live around here. I live on the outskirts of Musutafu, so this is my first time over here in the city."

The two of us kept walking in silence, but since I didn't want to be alone with my thoughts at the moment, I decided to keep talking to this random stranger who I just met.

"Soooo... What's your name? I'm (Y/n) Midoriya."

Right after I said my name, he stopped dead in his tracks and looked directly at me, almost as if he was trying to figure something out.

"What did you say?" He said with furrowed brows.

"(Y/n) Midoriya. Why?" I asked, confused as to why he reacted that way.

"ARE YOU RELATED TO THAT DAMN DEKU LOSER?!" He screamed, stomping closer to me.

"Sorry, I have no idea who you're talking about. I don't know anyone named Deku." I said as I backed away from him.

At first, it seemed like he didn't believe me, but then he started to continue down the path, me following behind him.

"You never told me your name you know." I pointed out.

He looked back at me, almost looking like he was debating on answering.

"Katsuki Bakugo."

It went quiet again for a moment.

"What's your quirk?" He asked. I was a little taken aback by this question, but I shrugged it off considering I did use it in front of him.

"I'll tell you mine if you tell me yours." I smiled, happy he was talking to me at least a little, allowing me to forget about where I was supposed to go in a little bit.