Chapter 38

Even though we had a few days to relax after the sports festival, it still seemed like we were going right back to class the next day.

Dad had been released from the hospital on the last day of our break, giving me the chance to help him settle into the new house he had gotten months ago so I would be closer to UA. With the help of Hizashi and Shota, as well as Katsuki, Shoto, and Fuyumi.

It actually turns out we live near Katsuki, as he had seen Dad and me walking around the neighborhood during one of his walks, which the doctor prescribed so he could hopefully get back on his feet faster. The hedgehog apparently was looking out his window when he saw us.

At first he had tried to hide, but unfortunately for him, his mother saw us too. Mitsuki flung the door open, inviting us inside for a drink. She and my dad hit it off quite well, and Dad had told the woman about our small move, causing Mitsuki to offer up Katsuki's services.

It was a rainy day today, and I had to hold a shield over Bakugo and me on our way to school so we wouldn't get wet. Currently, we were talking about a child that had recognized Bakugo from the sports festival, calling him "a stupid face that had a lame quirk", and that he couldn't believe Katsuki had made it that far.

"I mean," I gasped, holding my side in pain as I tried to controle my laughter. "He was so right! Some of the faces you were making were so dumb!"

"Would ya shut up already! I know what the brat said, I was there!" Bakugo yelled, stomping ahead of me and instantly getting soaked.

"Hey, hey, okay, I'll stop!" I chuckled, rushing to catch up and get him back under the barrier. "Come on, we can't have you getting sick."

"Tch, a little rain's not gonna take me down."

"Well, then I don't need you being even more grumpy in class," I grumbled. "I mean look at you! You look like a wet dog!"

"No, I don't!" Bakugo screamed, shaking his hair around and causing water droplets to fly onto me.

"Stop it, stop it!" I squealed, throwing up another shield to block the attacking water. "God, don't do that! We'll find you something to dry off with inside the building."

I was relieved to find out that Bakugo kept a spare set of clothes in his locker at school. Because of this, the boy used his spare shirt, using it to dry his hair as best he could before we headed off to class.

"It's so weird that people recognize us from TV. Everyone wanted to talk to me on my way here." Mina said as we sat down at our desks.

"Yeah, me too!" Kirishima agreed.

"People on the street were staring at me! It was kinda embarrassing."

"Sure, but isn't that pretty normal for you?" Ojiro asked the invisible girl.

"You won't believe what a bunch of elementary school brats yelled at me." Sero wined.

"Nice try?" Tsu filled in, causing the boy to groan.

"Yeah, you'll get a laugh over what this one kid said to Bakugo-" My voice became muffled as Katsuki threw his hand over my mouth.

"Don't even think about it, Witch." The boy growled, sending a shiver up my spine.

"All it took was one sports festival and suddenly we're like celebrities." Denki gushed as Izuku sat down behind me.

"This school really is amazing." Mineta cheered.

"Morning," Aizawa said, opening the classroom door and causing all the students to scatter to their seats.

"Good morning, Mr. Aizawa!"