Chapter 45

"Well, looks like I have my work cut out for me today." Recovery Girl commented as she, Izuku, and I watched the monitors.

"Oh, both the Midoriyas," Uraraka said, the door sliding open as she walked into the room. "You guys are watching too? Hi."

"Yeah. It's not like we get many chances to watch students in combat with teachers, right?"

"If you wanna see that so bad, just come over when I'm training," I mumbled to my brother, making him stare at me with wide, excited eyes.

"Um, a-and besides," Izuku mumbled. "I don't think Kacchan really wants to talk strategy with me."

"I can see that. But I'm surprised he's not in here at least to be with Y/n. You two always seem attached at the hip."

"What? No, we're not." I frowned.

"Actually, Y/n, you kinda are." Izku cringed a bit.

"Yeah, you two always leave and come to school together, you eat lunch together, and he's one of the few people in class that you actually talk to."

"That's not true!" I shouted. "I mean... right?"

Izuku and Ochaco didn't answer, instead just glancing at each other.

"Well, uh, my partner is a little preoccupied with himself." Uraraka got us back to the main conversation, pointing over her shoulder to where Aoyama stood, admiring himself in the reflection of the walls.

"You don't say..." Izuku mumbled.

"That's why I thought I'd try and get inspiration from everyone else's battles."

"Smart." I nodded.

The three of us watched with Recovery Girl as Kirishima and Sato's match started against Cementoss, the two taking the more difficult approach and aiming to capture the hero. The two splashed threw Cementoss' cement blocks.

"Come on, you guys! You've totally got him!" Uraraka cheered.

"They're not gonna win it like this." I shook my head.

"Huh?"

"Their quirks are amazing, but there's a limit to how they can use them. They won't last forever." Izuku explained. "I don't think Mr. Cementoss has that kind of limit, though. The more time that passes by, the more of a disadvantage they're at."

"That's not good."

"It's no coincidence they were matched up," I mumbled. "Mr. Aizawa's pitting students against teachers they'll have a hard time against."

"To pass, we'll have to recognize our weaknesses...and overcome them," Izuku added.

"Exactly right." Recovery Girl said. "So before it's time for your own final, you should think carefully about your compatibility with the teacher you're fighting."

Not even a minute later, the buzzer sounded, signaling the end of the two's exam.

"Sato and Kirishima have been knocked out. Exam over." The announcer stated.

"It's only the first match and I'm already needed."

"No way... It was that one-sided?" Ochaco mumbled against her hand.

"Their quirks were too ineffective against his," Izuku said.

The buzzer sounded, followed by the announcer's voice. "Team Asui and Tokoyami. Practical Exam. Ready? Go!"

The two students did great, obviously having planned beforehand as Tokoyami used Dark Shardow to get Tsu high into the air, the girl using her long frog tongue right after to do the same with him; getting both of them above Ectoplasm.