Chapter 70

A/n ~ Sorry it took a minute to post! I got like no sleep last night and just woke up lol <3

I felt a tear slip down my cheek at Katsuki's words.

"No..."

"Witch..?"

"No, no, you weren't supposed to do that! I told you not to do that, why would you be so stupid!" I angrily cried, my shaky hands seeming to have a mind of their own as they cupped the boy's face, and I looked at my fingers as they touched a red liquid coming from his ears.

"Are you calling me a fucking idiot right now?" He mumbled, his voice weirdly quiet, like he didn't know how to properly controle his volume.

Which he probably didn't.

I wordlessly nodded my head, wrapping my arms around his neck and yanking him into a hug.

"God, Witch, you're gonna make me deaf, too, crushing my windpipe like that." He said a little too loudly into my ear, making me cringe.

"Alright, come on," I mumbled, I guess to myself, as I pulled back.

Katsuki didn't question anything as I tiredly pulled him so we were on our feet, the boy wrapping his arm around me as I led us to the nearest cop, asking for a ride to the hospital. The now-concerned cop asked if we needed to use the ambulance, letting me know that another one was on its way over already. After making sure no one really needed it, I reluctantly agreed, Katsuki and I getting a speedy ride to the hospital a few minutes later.

I don't think I let go of his hand until he was taken away to get tests done.

~~

"Miss Midoriya." I quickly stood as a doctor walked up to me, notebook in hand. "We're all done with the tests. You can go ahead and see him now."

I quickly nodded, about to rush off when she stopped me, placing a hand on my shoulder.

"You'll need this."

My breath caught in my throat as she moved to hand me the notebook, and I shook my head.

"I can, um... I can use my quirk, to talk to him. Thank you, though." The doctor nodded as she released my shoulder, allowing me to rush off toward Katsuki's room.

I stood, frozen, as I looked down at the doorknob, my hand suspended in mid-air as my mind tried to get my body to open the door. I took a deep breath as I slowly opened it, seeing Katsuki sitting slouched in the hospital bed, his elbows resting on his knees as he looked out the window.

"Hey."

Katsuki's head whipped to look at me, the boy seeming to perk up just a bit. "Took you long enough."

I sadly smiled as I walked into the room, joining the hothead on the bed and wrapping my arms around his waist, his own arms slowly wrapping around my shoulders as his head rested on top of mine.

"I called your parents, while I was waiting. They should be here soon."

"Fuck, now I gotta hear it from the old hag."

"Not unless you don't want me to project her thoughts to you." I shrugged as he huffed a laugh.

"God, if you do, I'll kill ya."

"Hey, you're lucky I'm not killing you right now." I frowned, pulling away, my arms moving to Katsuki's knees.

"What? What the fuck did I do?" He frowned.