Chapter 56

A/n ~ I don't think you guys will like me too much with these coming chapters... oh well 🤷‍♀️

"Purrfect. We've filled out bellies and cleaned the dishes. It's time for..."

"A totally awesome test of courage!" Mina cheered, cutting off Pixie-Bob.

"We're gonna win!" Kirishima, Kaminari, Sero, and Sato cheered.

"Not so fast." Aizawa butted in. "It pains me to say it, but the remedial class will be having lessons with me tonight instead. Aoyama." The blond boy cringed upon hearing his name be called. "You're coming too."

"You've gotta be kidding me!" Mina screamed, her body going white as her eyes popped out of her head.

"Sorry." Aizawa wrapped the six in his scarf. "Your training during the day didn't impress me, so I'll be using this time, too."

"Oh, give me a break!" The boys whined. "I just wanna prove my courage!"

"Okay. So. Class B is going to start out as our "scarers". When they're in place, Class A will leave in pairs every three minutes. There are tags with your names on them at the far end of the route. Your goal is to collect those." Pixie-Bob told the group after the remedial class left.

"Revelry in the dark," Tokoyami mumbled, making me look at him in confusion from where I stood, my hands propped on Katsuki's shoulders as the boy sat on the ground.

"Now, those who are scarers aren't allowed to make physical contact. Use your quirks to terrify the others. Got it?"

"The winners are the creative students who make the most people piss their pants." Tiger pointed, making me cringe in disgust.

"Did we need that visual?" Jiro asked.

"I see! They're encouraging us to stoke our imaginations as we compete with each other, all while showing us more uses for our quirks in the process." Iida thought allowed. "As expected of UA!"

"All right! Everyone draw to see who your partner will be!" Pixie-Bob held out a handful of slips of paper.

"Witch! Who are you with? I'm trading with them."

"Sorry!" Ragdoll popped up. "Switching partners is not allowed!"

"Sorry, Bakugo." I shrugged, looking behind him to see Todoroki. "Maybe you two can use this time to get to know each other better! I would love it if you two were at least civil toward one another."

"But I'm fine with Bakugo." Todoroki frowned.

"I know. That was mainly directed toward Bakuhoe." I smiled, making the blond shoot me a glare.

About nine minutes later, Yaoya-Mo and I were making our way through the forest, following the path and using a ball of energy to light the way.

"God, those screams really aren't helping with the creep factor of all this," I mumbled.

"Yeah, Jiro and Hagakare are being very vocal." Momo twiddled her fingers.

The two of us had gotten past a few groups of Class B, both of us at least jumping in surprise from each scare.

"Um, Y/n... can someone in Class B produce smoke?" Momo nervously asked as a purple fog rolled over the area.

"Not that I know of," I mumbled, taking a hesitant sniff before my eyes widened. "Shit, don't breathe it in! I think it's poisonous!"

Momo and I both held our breaths as I encased us in a bubble, leaving a small hole at the top to circulate any poisoned gas out and fresh air in.

"Everyone!" A voice entered my mind, and I could tell Momo heard it too, seeing as her eyes widened.