Chapter 35

"Hey, hey, you're okay. It's okay, the fight's over. It's over." I quickly told Shoto as he bolted awake, his eyes quickly scanning the room.

"Where– where are we?" He huffed.

"In Recovery Girls office." I carefully told him. "You got knocked out by Bakugo's blast. I think you may have also hit your head on your ice upon landing."

I watched as he nodded in understanding, his breathing returning to normal as he glanced behind me, seeing Bakugo's still unconscious form.

"What..."

"He wasn't handling the fact you didn't use your flames very well. Said you didn't put up a fair fight." I sighed.

Shoto seemed to deflate a bit at my words, his eyes narrowing as his hands turned to fists.

"But I'm so proud of you, either way." I continued, making the boy's head shoot back to mine, surprise written on his face.

"What?"

"You used your flames. Even if just for a little bit. That took amazing strength from you, and I am so proud of you for that, Shoto. I'm really sorry Enji took away your full willingness to do so, though. I made sure he was quiet the rest of the match."

"You didn't." The boy narrowed his eyes, though a smile tugged at his lips.

"It was just some light threatening, don't worry." I chuckled. "I've done worse to the man, that's for sure. Shut him up either way, though."

The scare-face boy nodded with a smile, moving to get off the med-bed. "Are you gonna stay here? Or do you wanna come back with me?"

"I think I'll stay here. Just to make sure Katsuki doesn't destroy the room in anger when he wakes up." I shrugged.

Shoto gave some weird disbelieving hum, turning to walk toward the door.

"If you say so."

~~

I carefully watched as Katsuki stirred a bit, revealing he was about to wake up. As soon as his eyes opened, they narrowed into slits, his body quickly sitting upright as he looked around the room, taking in his surroundings.

"Hey."

"Where is he?" He growled, flinging his legs off the bed.

"Shoto left about... five minutes ago? The two of you hadn't been out for long."

"God, when I see that Icy-Hot bastard I'll–"

"Do nothing."

"What?" Bakugo's head whipped to me.

"You're not gonna do anything when you see him. If anything, all you'll do is nod, maybe say "Good match", like someone with good sportsmanship. But that's it. You're not gonna beat him up, or anything else rude and violent."

Bakugo continued to glare at me as I talked, my face remaining neutral throughout the conversation.

"And I know you aren't gonna do this because I asked, and because I know you respect me enough to listen to me. Sure, Shoto might not have used his fire to attack you, but he did use it. And then his father had to open his big mouth, ruining that for him. Even if he didn't use it to attack you, though, I am so proud of him for at least letting it out. That took so much strength from him, and I hope you'll be able to see that."

Katsuki didn't say anything as I stood, holding my hand out for him. "Now, come on. We've got one last match, and I've been waiting to win this thing."