Chapter 73

Even though the terrain of some of the arena blocked most of what we could see, we were able to still have a good view of the anteroom. Because of this, Aizawa and I were able to clearly see Todo be the first of our class to walk in, later followed by Yaomomo, Tsu, Jiro, and Shoji. It took a little while longer, but eventually, Izuku, Ochaco, and Sero started to head in, Denki, Kirishima, and Katsuki meeting them outside the building.

"Wow. Eight people just passed at the same time. That leaves only ten open spots."

"Ha! Those eight were all from my class!" Joke cheered. "See 'em? They're headed into the anteroom. Great job there, kiddos!"

Only ten spots left, and if I'm counting correctly, we still have nine more students of Class 1-A that need to pass.

"What the hell is he thinking?!" I yelled as the unmistakable bright beam coming from Aoyama shot into the air, causing a swarm of students to flock to him.

But, that didn't seem to be the only thing that flocked to him. Hundreds of birds swarmed the stadium, and I could only imagine it was thanks to Koda.

"That's two more in. Eight spots left."

"Seven spaces remain!"

"Six left!"

"Make that five! The pressures on, now! In the final minutes, UA came together and pulled off some absolutely insane combos!"

"Four spots!"

"Now three!"

"Ohh! That's one in from Shiketsu High! So only two sports remain."

I jumped as the alarm blared, the announcer practically screaming over the speakers.

"The last students passed! Every spot is now filled! One hundred students will advance! The end is finally here! Wah-hoo! Unfortunately, those of you who failed will now have to withdraw from the licensing exam. Please leave the test immediately."

"They just had to keep me on the edge of my seat, huh?" Aizawa asked. "We're training so hard when we get back."

"Oh, come on, you're happy, aren't you?" Joke asked.

"Furious."

"Then what's that sparkle in your eye?"

"Annoyance."

As the two teachers talked/bickered amongst themselves, I tried to zero in on Bakugo in the anteroom, thankfully finding him relatively quickly.

"I know you passed the first round, but how'd it go? I saw you were with Kiri and Kami."

"You know I hate it when you do this, Fuckface."

"Fuckface? That's a new one." I snickered. "But seriously, how'd it go?"

"I kicked ass."

"No shit. How'd it happen though?!" I pressed, right as an image of Katsuki as a blob and Kaminair defeating some rival student popped into my head. "No way, Denki saved you?!"

"Shut the hell up! I was fine without Dunce Face's help!"

"Doesn't look like it! Looks like the great Katsuki Bakugo actually needed help." I teased, and I could feel the boy's frustration steadily rising. "I think it's cute you got help. Didn't let that ego of yours get in the way! I'm actually proud of you!"

Katsuki didn't say anything for a moment, but my face heated up as a quick image of me hugging Katsuki popped into my head, though didn't come from my own mind.