Chapter 63

Katie's POV

The call came 20 minutes after Devon got home. 

I was sitting on the couch with both Trin and Dev, and I was feeding a bottle to the baby. Trinity's phone was sitting on the couch between us, and she looked down at it constantly. We had The Office on the TV and we were all nervously passing around bags of M&M's and Sour Patch Kids. Dev had picked them up on the way home. 

Then the phone rang, and I almost peed my pants. I can only imagine how Trinity was feeling. 

We all went silent, and she jumped up. 

"What! What do I do???" She said nervously. 

"You start with picking up the phone, then you swipe the thingy to accept the call." Dev said, jumping up with her. 

"Right." 

She grabbed the phone and answered it, put it on speaker, then threw it down on the couch again as if it was the hot potato. 

"Hello?" Vlatko said. "Trinity?" 

"Me. That's me." 

"You sound nervous." He laughed. 

"I...I am." 

At this point, I'd gotten up and put the baby in her pack n play, so during his suspenseful few second pause, I grabbed Trinity's hand and gave it a squeeze. 

"Well you have nothing to be worried about." He said. "You're coming with us to Australia and New Zealand this month." 

Dev and I screamed so loud I thought we were gonna make the glass crack, and Trin was crying. 

"No way. There's just no way! Me, going to a World Cup?" 

"Yes way. You're going to a World Cup!" 

"Thank you so much. This is....this is crazy. Thank you." 

"Take it easy, Trinity. When we finish up the calls we will let you all know as a group what has to be done to start preparing, alright?" 

"Yes! Thank you!" 

"You go celebrate with your friends, okay? 

"I will! Thanks again!" 

"You're welcome and congrats, Trin. This is a testament to your hard work and dedication. You're special, and you have something nobody else has. This is just the beginning for you." 

"Thanks coach." 

"Alright. Bye for real this time." 

"Bye." 

The call hung up, and then Dev and I went crazy again, yelling and screaming.

"I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!" Trin laughed, happy tears falling down her cheeks. 

"I can! You're so talented, so hard-working, and you deserve this more than anyone on the roster. I'm proud of you, and didn't doubt you for a second." I said, pulling her into a hug. 

The urge to kiss her was strong, but I resisted because of Dev. 

"Let's go eat. My treat." Dev smiled. 

"Sounds good to me!" Trinity smiled. "Let me just make some calls first." 

She went to her room and I called Kennedy, then I started to look at flights to Australia and New Zealand for her games. 

"I have to let Adley know. He has to know that I'm going to be taking his 2 month old daughter across the world." I smiled. 

"He'll love that." 

"He won't mind I don't think. If he does, looks like you and Kennedy will be playing babysitter." 

"I don't mind." 

Adley didn't answer, so I left him a quick text telling him to call me when he can, and when I looked at Dev, she looked a little bit uneasy. She was pale and just staring into space. 

"You okay Dev?" I asked. 

"Huh?" 

"You alright?" 

"Yeah. Yeah. Sorry." 

"Something wrong?" 

"I'm just jealous of your maternity leave summer trip that's all." She laughed. 

"Well you wouldn't be jealous if you lost the abs I used to have." 

"But you got a cute little mini Katie." 

"That is true." I laughed, looking over at Abby. "She's pretty cute, isn't she?" 

"Very." 

I knew something else was bothering her, but I didn't want to press on too far. 

"I tried to resist, but I couldn't!" Trinity said, running in from her room. "I called Ashley!" 

"And?" 

"She didn't answer!" 

"What's so great about that then?" I asked, laughing a little bit. 

"The good part is that I broke up with my boyfriend!" 

"And that's a good thing because...." Dev trailed off, totally confused. 

I locked eyes with Trinity, a small smirk forming on her face. 

"What's good about it?" She asked again.

"I'm done with him." Answered Trin. "I have other things I need to focus on." 

"Oh so you're going to a world cup and now you're all cocky? What's next, moving out?" Joked Dev. 

"Going to pack my stuff now." 

We all laughed, but the focus went right back to her breakup. 

"And you're not upset about this." 

"Nope." 

"But you loved this guy. How can it just be over this quickly?" 

"It just is. And I liked him, but I have other priorities right now." 

Dev looked from me to Trin, and then back to me. My cheeks started to feel hot, because she definitely knew. 

"Katie, what are your thoughts on this?" She asked. 

"I...uh...." My face was burning hot. "I want her to be happy." 

"You two are the most open book." Sighed Dev, slapping her forehead. "When did you do it?" 

"Do what?" I asked. 

"Don't be an idiot, Katie." 

"I'm not an idiot, Devon." 

"We didn't." Intervened Trin. "We did a long time ago, but not recently." 

"HAH! I knew it!" 

"Damn it Trinity!" I said. 

"Sorry!" 

"God damn it you are so annoying." 

"I said I was sorry!"