Chapter 18

Katie's POV

When I got home, I showed the girls the pictures of Aria. Trinity was obsessed with the one of her sleeping on me. 

"Tell your sister we can always babysit." Dev said. "We can teach her even more soccer." 

"Aunt Kala got the basics down already." I laughed. 

"Aw, that's what she calls you?" Asked Trin. 

"Yep." 

"I want a kid." Said Dev. 

"Do you want a kid, or do you want to sleep?" Trin joked. 

"And your career." I added. 

"Fair points." She nodded. 

----------

Back to practice every day, then being tired, then watching movies, then being jealous of Trin and Tara but not saying or showing that, and then going to sleep. 

A week later, Adley was back in Baltimore so I went to go meet him for dinner. 

I had also played my second game by then, but I didn't score. We lost 1-0. 

And life went on like that, nothing but soccer, my teammates, my sister, brother-in-law and niece, and Adley. 

We had just barely made the playoffs, but we were in. 

At this point, I had 5 goals and 2 assists since August, and I was pretty darn proud. 

Aria had turned 1, and my friends and I had babysat her a few times. And Dev had decided it would be fun to call me 'Kala' because my 1 year old niece said it. 

And yes, the speculation surrounding me started soon enough after I spent a lot of time with Dev. Everybody thought we were dating or something stupid like that, but she clearly has a boyfriend. And I started spending a little bit less time with Trin because she was with Tara, but we still spent so much time together. 

My feelings for Trinity never faded either, but my feelings for Adley got stronger. Devon I had always thought of as an older sister, since the day I met her. When I realized that, it hit me in a soft spot for whatever reason. 

But we have our first playoff game tomorrow, and it's not home, but my sister is flying out to watch. She's been to every home game but she hasn't been to any away games. 

I just layed in my hotel room, staring at the ceiling, thinking about everything that lead me here. What a crazy ride. 

----------

Devon's POV

"We've gotta stop this." Trinity said as soon as I walked in. 

"What do we have to stop?" I asked. 

"Me and Tara." 

"It's exhausting!" Exclaimed Tara. "I wanna go have a real dating life!" 

"I get it. Listen, I think this might be a great opportunity." I said. "Trin, we can switch rooms, say you two had a fight, make her feel bad, see if she'll fold. She's got a weak spot for those things." 

"I like it. I really like it." Trinity said. "Okay. Tara, what did we fight about?" 

"Doesn't even matter." 

"Okay cool. I'm packing my stuff right now." 

"You're that desperate to get out of the room with me?" 

"No, I just want to tell Katie and see how she reacts!" She said happily. 

"We have to play this smart." I said. "Strategic." 

"Shut up genius. I'm doing this my own way!" Trinity threw things into her suitcase and headed for the door. "Adios Tara!" 

Tara just looked at me and I shrugged. 

"As much as I love Trin, I don't like her like that." Said Tara eventually. "Better off as friends." 

"I feel the same. Your....whatever this was....was a little awkward." 

"Yeah. Very actually." 

"Yeah."