Chapter 41

Devon's POV

"So you're really gonna marry him." I said to her as she packed up her suitcase. 

"Yep." She replied. 

"You really really are." 

"Yep." 

"And you're wearing beautiful gold jewelry from who?" 

"I'm wearing a big ass ring from who?" Katie asked me. 

"You got me." 

"I know." 

I was snippy with the girl all day, making little comments, trying to push her in the direction that we all knew was right for her. But she wouldn't listen. 

We have a flight to Key West in 4 hours, and we're all finishing up the last of our packing. 

She's getting married. 

January 14th is the date of the wedding, it's the 11th now. She's got 3 days to change her mind. 

Both her and Trinity have been absolute wrecks. 

Katie asked Trin to be her mid of honor, to which she happily accepted. But there wasn't much to do because they weren't doing bridal parties and bachelorette stuff. 

Pretty much the whole team is coming, and a lot of Adley's team is too. 

Trinity is the maid of honor, and me, Kennedy, Ashley, and Tara are the bridesmaids. Aria is the flower girl. 

I feel like everything is gonna be a mess after this wedding. But if she wants to say yes, I'm going to let her say yes. 

And she's going to. 

I as I watched her zip up her suitcase for the final time, I realized this was the last time things were going to be the same. 

She's gonna move out until she's back to playing, and then she's gonna get her own apartment. 

I don't want things to change. They're fine how they are. 

I don't do well with change. 

And just as fast as she came into our lives, she's gone. 

-----------

Trinity's POV

I'll never be over her really. But I have to just accept it at this point

Katie Callahan is becoming Katie Rutschman, and I wasn't going to stop it. 

I want her to be happy, and if she thinks this is what will make her happy, then let her think so. And if it really is what makes her happy, then go her. 

She'll make friends with the baseball wives, and Devon and I will be nothing more than teammates. 

She'll be too busy talking to Diana, some guy on the team's husband, planning their next double date and playdate for the kids. And I'll be scared to ask her to hang out because I don't want to be rejected by her again. 

I've been saying I've come to terms with it, but I really haven't. 

I found that writing out my thoughts on paper really helps. And after I do that, I shove them deep inside my drawers, with Katie's other club offers that she threw out a while ago but I kept for whatever reason. 

I put one last paper in before I went to go put my stuff in the shuttle that was taking Katie, Devon, Ashley, Tara, Kennedy, Miles, Aria and I to the airport. 

Everyone else was loaded into the van and Katie came running out late, threw her last bag into the back of the van and hopped up into the seat next to me. 

"Everyone's here right?" She asked, looking behind her. 

"We were waiting on you, Kates." I told her. 

"We have the dresses right?" 

"Yes." 

"Okay good. We can leave now." 

"Okay." Said the driver. 

"WHERE'S THE RING?" She yelled, and the driver slammed on the breaks. "Trin you didn't lose it again did you?" 

"I have it right here." Dev said, showing her the box. 

"Thank god." 

"Let's get going now Katie so we don't miss our flight." Kennedy sighed. 

"I'm ready." She said, and buckled in her seatbelt.