Chapter 14

Katie's POV

Over the next week, my life changed drastically. 

By the following Monday, I had officially dropped out of college and signed onto the Spirit. 

It was insane. I couldn't be happier. 

But I also forced myself to move too quickly with Adley so I didn't have to realize feelings for a certain somebody else. 

I snuck into the apartment at 3am and went straight to Dev's room. 

But I couldn't face any of the girls really, so I just took a shower and then got the courage to go in there.

"Dev?" I whispered as I walked in. "Dev. Please. I need you." 

She yawned and rolled over, and she finally woke up enough to realize what was going on. 

"What's wrong babe?" She asked, then she patted the spot next to her. "Come up." 

I climbed into the spot and started to cry. 

"Aw Katie. Did something go wrong tonight?" She asked again. 

"Yes." I sobbed, and she sat up to wrap me in a hug. 

"What happened?" 

"I forced myself to move too fast." I said. "I don't know why. And we-" 

"Okay. I don't need to hear the word." 

"Good because I didn't want to say it!" I cried harder then, and she just stayed quiet. 

"Listen. It's okay. It was a mistake, but it's okay. But answer one question for me." 

"Okay." 

"Did you shower?" 

"Yes." 

"Good." 

Then we were quiet, because I had no idea what to say and I'm sure she didn't either. 

"So why'd you come to me inetad of Trin?" She asked. 

I didn't realize I'd have to explain. If you wanted to know, I feel guilty. But what Devon is gonna hear is a bit different. 

"I don't really know, actually. I think it's because of Trin's bad day. I didn't want to bother her with this at 3 am, you know?" 

"I get it." 

"Can I stay in your room tonight?" 

"Of course." 

"Thanks." 

I got comfortable and just and I was about to fall asleep, she interrupted my quiet. 

"Was it at least good?" Asked Devon. 

"Yes. Very." I replied. 

She giggled and we went to sleep after that. 

----------

The next morning, I tried to avoid Trinity but it wasn't easy because we live in the same stupid apartment. Then I avoided her at practice. 

My first ever professional game was tomorrow. And I'm set to be a sub in the second half. 

"Little sis is finally gonna play with us!" Kelley O'Hara said happily after practice. "It's about damn time! You've only been following us around forever." 

"Well I couldn't be more excited, Kel." I smiled, taking a sip of water. "This is a dream of mine." 

"Well I'm proud of you. You got your ass here from not much." 

"Thanks Kelley. It means a lot. I'm serious."

"Your welcome, kiddo. And you better score tomorrow." 

"No guarantees." I laughed, and walked to Ashley and Devon. 

"There she is! Superstar!" Ashley said, giving me a high five. "Excited for tomorrow?" 

"Super." 

"Well tonight we're gonna get a good night sleep, unlike last night. Right, Katie?" 

"Of course." 

"Good." 

"What happened last night?" Asked Ashley. 

Dev and I looked at each other, and I told her the story. 

I finished off with "Trinity doesn't know about it, so please say nothing." 

"Okay. I won't. But go you, Katie Callahan." 

"Shut up!" I punched her arm a little bit harder than intended, but she'll live....with a decent bruise. But she'll live.