Chapter 46

Katie's POV

"Should anyone present know of any reason that this couple should not be joined in holy matrimony, speak now or forever hold your peace." Said the officiant. 

I looked into Adley's eyes. 

I heard Devon clear her throat, and I got immediately nervous. Why would she interrupt my wedding?

I heard it again, but the officiant went on after another second. 

"Do you, Adley Rutschman, take Katie Alexandra Callahan to be your wife?" 

"I do." 

"Do you, Katie Alexandra Callahan, take Adley Rutschman to be your husband?" 

In that moment, the feeling of wanting to throw up my whole entire stomach hit me hard, as did a rush of dizziness. But I kept the vomit down, but the head rush wouldn't stop. My vision went blurry, my hearing went away, and I lost all sense of everything. The only thing I could see was Trinity's face in my mind, and I couldn't think anything except 'I can't do this' 

I don't know how long I was out for, but I came back to the officiant saying my name over and over again. 

"Katie? Katie?" 

When I fully realized what was going on, my eyes widened, I looked out into the crowd, looked at the officiant, back into the crowd, but never in Adley's eyes. 

I absolutely panicked.

"You just have to say 'I do.'" Adley whispered. 

"I..." I hesitated. "I can't do this." 

I was scared, I was absolutely petrified. 

"Katie-" 

"I can't do it!" I said, kicking off my shoes. "I can't do this!" 

I grabbed my dress and started running back down the isle. 

----------

No one's POV

"Oh HELL no." Kelley said as she watched Katie space out. 

"This isn't gonna end well." Hatchy whispered. 

"Don't say that. The poor girl's just nervous." Said Sonnett. 

"No, see those tears in her eyes?" 

Up at the altar, Ashley turned to look at Tara, Kennedy looked at Miles out in the crowd, and Trinity and Devon held their breaths. 

And when Katie said those 4 words, the tension around everyone broke. 

"I can't do this." She just LEFT. 

Nobody knew what to do. 

Adley was left dumbfounded at the altar, Trinity and Devon were contemplating chasing her, Kennedy was already on her way, Tara and Ashley just stood there with their mouths wide open, and there were lots of whispers from the crowd. 

Dev heard Trinity starting to breathe heavily, and so she grabbed her wrist and dragged her away from everybody in fear of a breakdown in front of them all. 

"She ran away. She ran away. What the hell?" Trinity said. 

"She'll be back." 

"Be logical, Dev." 

"Well in that case, that girl's long fucking gone."