Chapter 48

**2 weeks later**

Katie's POV

I stared at my agent, who was sitting across the table from me. 

"What's the problem?" I asked. 

"Your wedding is a PR DISASTER." He said. 

"We didn't make it a public thing." I sighed, rubbing the bridge of my nose. 

"But you two getting married on a relatively public beach might not have been your smartest idea."

"It was beautiful." 

"And it was beautiful for nothing, Katie." 

I was quiet, feeling pretty embarrassed. 

"Listen, I can't take any more heat right now. See what they're saying on social media?" I said. 

"And that's why I called you in here!" 

"It's your job to handle this stuff for me!" 

"When it gets this messed up, it's a personal problem." He said. "Your life is a fucking mess, Katie. This is beyond my realm of clearing up." 

"So what are we gonna do?"

"Well you're coming back in tomorrow and you're bringing Trinity with you. Adley and his agent will be here as well. And I've got a whole PR guy coming." 

"This is what it's come to. A PR GUY." I sighed. 

"Katie, the bad part isn't running out on the wedding. That's a relatively easy fix. It's the fact that you're pregnant and then we off and-" 

"Listen, I got what I deserved, okay? All of my friends are already on my ass and my sister's just about ready to kill me with a kitchen knife." 

"And that's how I feel about this whole situation." 

"You're making my life worse." 

He took a deep breath and paused. 

"Alright. I'm really really sorry." He said. "But you're really stressing me out. I'm sorry. I get that you're so young and young people do stupid things. But I need you to do two things for me. The first thing is realize that you're in the public eye. You have to be more careful. And the second thing is I need you to come in tomorrow. I NEED it. You either come in tomorrow or I'm leaving you on your own. I'm not helping you with your PR disaster." 

"Alright." I said, gathering my stuff. "I'll see you tomorrow. What time?" 

"Noon. Don't be late." 

----------

I knocked on Trinity and Devon's apartment door, shaking a little bit. 

Devon answered, and pulled me into a huge hug. 

"You needed to come visit sooner!" She said, squeezing me so tight I could barely breathe. 

"Sorry. I've been busy." 

"Liar." 

"You got me."

"Phone calls don't work. You can't do that and not come see us." 

"I'm sorry Dev. I missed you so much." 

"I missed you too, babe." 

"I love you Dev." I said. "But-" 

"I love you too." 

"Could you let me go please?" 

"Oh yeah. Sorry." She let go of me, and I looked around the apartment. 

"So Trin's in her room?" 

"Yes. Go ahead, she's expecting you." 

I hesitantly walked into the bedroom that I used to share with her, and there she was, sitting on the bed with her airpods in, staring at her phone. 

"Hey." I said, trying to avoid eye contact. 

"Hi." She took out her airpods and got off her bed to give me a hug. 

It felt so good. 

"I'm glad you're okay." She said. "Why didn't you call?" 

"I could ask the same of you." 

"You called Dev but not me." 

"And you didn't try to call me." 

"Alright. We're even I guess." 

"Good." 

There was a little awkward silence. 

"So what was it you wanted to talk about?" She asked, scratching the back of her neck. 

"I need you to come with me to see my agent tomorrow." I said. "He got a PR guy and he needs me to bring you." 

"Um, alright. Does he know this is the first we've spoken in a week and a half?" 

"Nope." 

"Alrighy then." 

"So you'll come?" 

"Of course. What time?" 

"Noon." 

"Sounds good. Wanna meet here and drive together?" 

"Sounds like a plan." 

"Alright cool." 

"Alright. See you tomorrow." I said, giving her another hug. "I love you Trinny." 

"I love you too, Kates." 

As I was leaving, I forgot to tell her something. 

"Also." I said, leaning back in the door frame. "Adley's gonna be there with his agent." 

"Oh, wait. I've got something to do at 12 actually...." 

"No you don't. I'll be here at 11:30 tomorrow morning. Bye." 

As I walked out, Dev stopped me.

"Leaving already?" She asked sadly. 

"Yeah. I have to go." 

"I thought you could stay and we could make cookies and watch a movie." 

"I would love to, Dev, but I've got an appointment." 

"Okay. Maybe after practice tomorrow?" 

"Isn't Tuesday a lift day?" 

"Oh shit." 

"Sessions at 7am and 4pm?" 

"Yep." She sighed. 

"Maybe I'll show." I smiled. "I can still do some stuff. Not a lot though." 

"Sounds good." 

"But I have a meeting tomorrow at 12. It's gonna suck." 

"What meeting?" 

"We'll talk later. Gonna be late." 

"Alright. Bye babe." 

"Bye Dev." 

----------

Hope everybody's enjoying this so far! This is an edit from a few days after I originally posted the chapter. I am going to give a TW for the next chapter, because there is mentions of suicide. I apologize for not writing this sooner. I also added it to the next chapter. Thanks all!