Chapter 57

Katie's POV

In the next week, I was home with the baby. 

Adley and I talked for long hours about the baby's name, and we just couldn't find anything we liked. 

He told me I could pick the middle name, and obviously we had to compromise on the first name. 

And nothing sounded good to us. I didn't even pick the middle name yet. I figured I'd pick it after we picked the first name. 

And we didn't want it to be long, because we were going to hyphenate her last name. Callahan-Rutschman. 

Then in the middle of the night, the day before we were leaving the hospital, I remembered what I wanted to suggest earlier but never got to. 

"Adley." I whispered. "Adley!" 

"What?" He said groggily. 

"How about Abigail?" 

"I like that." 

"It's cute, isn't it?"

"Well you better come up with that middle name so we can write that on the birth certificate tomorrow before we leave." 

"Sounds good." 

I sighed, reached for my phone and opened up my group chat with Trin and Dev. 

It was a picture of the three of us with the baby. They were on both sides of me, and I held the baby. My absolute favorite picture in the whole world. 

It gets bonus points for me not looking that bad despite being in a hospital bed. 

Dev had texted after it, 'NAME THE BABY SO I CAN POST MY PICS KATIE.' 

I laughed at it and then my mind wandered a little bit. 

Then I looked back down at the phone, and I had a text from Trin just me and her. 

Trinny <3 - 12:30 am
Get some sleep, Kates. Can't wait for you to be home tomorrow. I love you. 

I just stared at my phone and smiled. 

"Abigail Trinity." I whispered to myself. 

I remembered what she had said a few hours before I had the baby, how she can't do it. Things weren't gonna work out. 

And that's okay, I guess. I'll understand one day. 

I contemplated throwing Devon into the name, give her two middle names, but then she'd have 5 names all together, which is just too many. 

Abigail Trinity Callahan-Rutschman. 

It's perfect. 

---------

Trinity's POV

I showed up to Kennedy's house with Dev, Ashley and Tara to decorate for Katie and the baby, and I still had no idea what her name was. 

"What's the point? The baby's not gonna remember anyway." Ashley huffed when she showed up at my apartment at 7am. 

"It's not for her, it's for Katie, knucklehead." I replied. 

She just grumbled and I ushered her, Dev and Tara out the front door only to suffer a painfully silent ride. 

I also had another surprise for Katie, something I thought she'd absolutely love, and I couldn't wait to tell her.

We all had presents for the baby, and we put them on the kitchen table and got to decorating. 

When Aria woke up, Kennedy brought her down, and she ran right to me.