Chapter 7

Katie's POV

Not long after I got home, I realized I left my flannel, tank top and jeans at Trinity's, and I was still wearing her sweatshirt. 

I called her, and Devon told her she put them with both of their laundry. 

It only occurred to me to check my social medias now, and I had posted a few things on my story. Luckily nothing bad. 

I had posted a selfie we took once we were in her bed, and a 2 second video of us laughing like crazy. I saved them to my phone and then checked the rest of my photos, because I am a huge picture taker when I'm drunk for whatever reason. 

There was a bunch of pictures of darkness where you could barely see her face, and then I had finally put on the flash. 

I got a call from Lily then.

"Hello?" I answered. 

"Katie?" 

"Hey Lil. What's up?" 

"Where were you last night after the party?" She asked. 

"I stayed at Trinity's, why?" 

"Just take a look at what I'm about to send you when you get a chance." 

"Alright." I said. 

"Also it really worried me when you didn't come home. I waited here for a while. But obviously I left." 

"Oh. Thanks." I said. "Sorry about that." 

Sometimes I'm so grateful for giving her that key to my apartment, but other times I regret it. 

"I'll let you go. Also don't forget about workouts tomorrow. I'll talk to you later." 

We said bye and hung up. 

----------

I spent a lot more time with Trinity and her teammates after that. 

The challenge cup started in March, and I went to every single home game from there on out. I would also travel with the team a little bit but not very much. 

Expectations were high for the team since they won the championship last season. 

I also got on the field as a photographer a little bit. It had always been sort of my hobby, so I took the old camera my parents gave me for my 13th birthday onto the sidelines of Spirit home games. 

I learned that Trinity has a very on-again-off-again relationship with this guy who comes back and then leaves. It's pretty toxic, and Devon told me everything about her roommate changed when he would come back. But he wouldn't be back for long, because he'd leave pretty fast and then Trinity would go back to normal. 

I spent my whole 3 week spring break with the girls too. I traveled with them and even got to meet Trinity's mom and her brother. 

Her mom loved me for whatever reason. But I think Trinity told her that my parents kicked me out and she felt bad for me. But she was just super awesome and kind. 

Spirit were in 5th place right before the international break in June that lead to the concacaf qualifying games in July. 

Because school was over I went with Trinity everywhere she went. So I went with her to the USWNT friendlies, and then I was going to go with her to Mexico. 

I couldn't wait, really. 

But hanging over my head was the fact that I desperately needed a job to make money to pay the rent at my stupid apartment that I don't even spend time at. I only sleep there and spend the rest of the time with the girls or at the fields or whatever. I stopped going to parties back in the winter and started going to movie nights and bonfires with the Spirit. It was honestly such a nice refresh. 

I had a little bit of money from the pictures I had taken. The Spirit also hired me to do some media stuff, but it really wasn't enough to get the rent for however long. 

Of course I never brought this up to any of the girls because I didn't want them thinking about that. 

Today Trinity and I went back to my apartment to clean up a little bit since I hadn't been there in a few days due to travelling for a Spirit game. It's late July. 

We first opened my mailbox to get the mail and then headed upstairs. 

Shit. I had the dreaded piece of mail. 

"Fuck." I muttered as we got up to my apartment. 

"What's wrong?" Trinity asked. 

"Nothing." 

"Obviously something." 

"Nothing." I pulled the envelope close to my chest as I took out the keys and opened the door. 

"Just tell me, Kates." 

Every time she uses that nickname, it makes me so weak. But not this time. 

"Don't worry about it, Trinny. It's nothing to be worried about." 

"Alright." She nodded and followed me inside. 

"I forgot how much I hated it here."  I laughed. "I might as well find a new place." 

"I thought you liked it here though." 

"It's a bit expensive." I said, putting my stuff down on the couch and bringing my travel bag into the bathroom to unpack. "Maybe I can find something cheaper." 

"Not gonna find anything dirt cheap in this city." She laughed. 

"Whatever." I said, and then I heard her gasp.