Chapter 11

Ashley's POV

"Damn! That ball is smoked. That's a home run right there." Katie smiled as she stood up to cheer for him. 

"YEAH ADLEY! NICE HIT!" She yelled and then she cheered as he ran the bases. 

"You two are really gonna make a great couple." I laughed as she sat down. 

"Don't jump to anything yet, Ash." 

"What? You don't like him?" 

"No, I'm just saying....I don't have the best history with keeping good relationships. It's always my fault they end." 

"Well I have a feeling this one will last." I reassured her. 

But I felt so guilty going against Trinity. I know Trinity really likes her, but Katie's gonna go out with this adorable guy who seems super sweet and like a great guy. I mean you can't blame her. She's a great person. She'll make a great mom too. I mean she's kind, funny, so insanely pretty....those eyes are the most beautiful shade of green I've ever seen....and the freckles.....and the dimples..... 

"Oh look Ashy! It's the kiss cam! I love the kiss cam!" She smiled, looking at the jumbotron. 

"So funny!" I said, but I couldn't peel my eyes away from her smile. 

"What are you staring at?" She laughed. "You're like zoned out. Are you staring at me?" She teased. 

"What? No." I scoffed as I faced forward, my cheeks burning up. 

She pinched my cheeks to tease me, and then the camera fell on us. 

"That's funny-" I started to say, but she didn't hesitate to peck my lips. 

"What's funny?" 

"What was that for?" I asked once the camera was off of us. 

"It was harmless."

"Harmless?" 

"Your cheeks are red." 

"They are not - shut up." 

"Aww does Ashy have a little crush on me?" 

"Katie shut up." 

"You seem to turn a little pink when I give a look your way." 

"Everybody turns pink when you look their way." I grumbled, and ignored her teasing until she stopped. 

She's like an annoying little sister when she starts teasing you. But she's like a sweet little sister when she's not. That's what the whole team thinks. The team thinks of her as the little sister of the squad and she isn't even on it. 

----------

Katie's POV

Trinity, Devon, Ashley, and Tara were all there while I attempted to get ready for this date. 

"Shit guys. I haven't gone on a date in so long." I said, walking out of the bathroom wearing my 3rd different outfit. 

"You're getting there." Dev said, cocking her head to the side. "Maybe we need to try a dress." 

"Agreed." Said Trin, jumping up. "Let me help." 

She went through my tubs of kind of nice dresses to find something to fit the vibe of the restaurant. 

"Dude, you have so many pretty dresses. Why don't you ever wear them?" She asked. 

"Sweats are more comfy." 

"You're too pretty for sweats." 

"I could say the same for you." 

She was quiet. 

"And that's not true. Nobody's too pretty for sweats." I laughed. 

"How about this?" She threw a dress at me. 

"Sure." I said, taking off the outfit I had on already and switching into the dress, fully aware she watched my every movement. "Like what you see here?" 

"What?? You have nice abs!" She said quickly. 

"I meant the dress, but now any doubts I had whether you were checking me out or not are gone." 

"What? Me? No..." She walked out of the room, and I laughed quietly. 

"Come on, Katie! Let us seeeeee!" Ashley called out from the living room. 

"Get your hot ass out here Katie Callahan." Said Devon. 

"I'm coming I'm coming!" I walked into the living room, and they all smiled. 

"That's the one!" Tara said happily. "Hats off to you, Trin." 

"Hey, she owned the dress." Trinity said. 

"But I forgot it existed." I laughed. "Good fine." 

I did my hair next, putting it in loose curls. Then I did my makeup. 

I was so nervous. 

"Alright, he's gonna be here in 5 minutes." I said, tapping my fingers on the counter nervously. 

"Remember, call us if you need us. We're not going anywhere." Dev said. 

I stood up off the chair to face my friends. 

"Dev, nothing's gonna go wrong." Ashley said. 

"You never know." 

"Let me just..." Trinity took her pinkie to wipe off a little bit of extra lip gloss, and then she fixed the strap of my dress. 

"Thanks." I said, and our eyes met, but hers flickered away quickly.  

"Are you sure you don't wanna cancel and stay here and watch a movie with me?" She asked sadly. 

"Aww Trin. You know I love watching movies with you. And we can watch one when I get back. I promise." 

"Okay." She said, and I gave her a hug. 

"Love you." 

"Love you too." 

"Alright everybody. I'm out. I'll let you know how it goes."