Chapter 45

No one's POV

Trinity slapped herself in the forehead for chickening out. But she also kind of saved herself. 

She watched as Katie adjusted the gold bracelet she'd given her for Christmas. 

She convinced herself everything would be alright, even though something in the back of her mind told her it would never be the same. Nothing's ever gonna be the same. It was fun while it lasted. 

Meanwhile, as Katie played with her gold bracelet, she was having second thoughts. Adley never bought her gold jewelry. But he did buy her this beautiful ring that must have cost so much money. 

She had it in her brain that she was going to marry him. She had stood in the mirror and practiced saying "I do" over and over again. 

She walked out to her bridesmaids, and they all got pictures and whatever. 

She started to get an excited feeling in her stomach, and she knew it was the excitement of saying "I do" to Adley. She knew it was the fact that she was going to have a husband instead of a boyfriend. 

Not too long after, the reception started. Bridesmaids and groomsmen walked down the isle, then Aria as the flower girl. 

Then it was Katie's turn. 

In the front, Devon was holding her breath, prepared for Katie to not even come down the isle and her running away. 

But then there she was, in her white dress. 

Kennedy had a few tears running down her cheeks, and Devon was visibly tearing up. 

The other three couldn't wipe the smiles off their faces. 

Slowly but surely, Katie made her way down the isle alone. No parents. 

It was almost sad, but everybody at the whole place tried to ignore it. 

In the small crowd of people there, Kelley O'Hara sat between Ash Hatch and Emily Sonnett. 

"Um, why's Dev hitting Trinity with her bouquet?" Hatchy asked Kelley, nudging her a bit. 

"That is weird, isn't it?" Kelley whispered. 

Then the ceremony went on, lots of just talking talking talking. 

Then it came to the part. 

Sonnett poked Kelley. 

"Why's Dev kicking Trin's heel slightly? You see that?" 

"Yeah. What the hell is going on?" Kelley asked. 

"Should anyone present know of any reason that this couple should not be joined in holy matrimony, speak now or forever hold your peace." Said the priest. 

That moment went in slow motion. 

Devon cleared her throat loudly, trying to stop Trinity. 

Kelley's eyes were wide open, thinking Devon was going to object. 

'This is it. This is my chance.' Trinity thought, and she took a deep breath, but heard Devon clear her throat. 

There's the silence, there's the last chance, Trinity looked down at her shaking hands, three pairs of eyes on her. Horrified looks from Kelley, Hatchy and Sonnett, but Trinity was only looking at Katie. 

She took a shaky breath.