Chapter 17

Trinity's POV

"Okay we don't need to do this anymore right?" Tara asked, moving away from me. 

"No." 

"Good. I hate it." 

"I think it's working though." Dev said. "She seems awkward around you now." 

"Good." Tara said. "Because it's gross." 

"That's mean." I said. 

"Sorry." 

"I need to know what they're saying." I said, jumping off the couch and walking a little bit closer to the closed door. 

"Me too!" Ash came and stood next to me. 

"You need to be very quiet." I told her. 

"I will." She whispered. 

"So I just have to ask, why aren't mom and dad going to your wedding?" Katie asked. 

"I cut them off. They're fucking annoying." Said Kennedy. 

"Good for you!" 

"Yeah. I was already angry about them kicking you out, like very angry, and then a few months later they started talking shit on you and after I got pregnant they said some not so nice things to me, but I brushed it off. After the baby was born, it got too much so I told them I hated them and blocked them. Couldn't do it. And I wanted to text you, but I just couldn't. And then I saw the perfect opportunity with this game. I just did it. And here we are." 

"They were always terrible. I have no idea how we turned out normal." Laughed Katie. 

"Rest of the family took my side, cut them out. Even grandma and grandpa and Nana. They said they put up with it for us, and now that we're both done they've taken our side." 

"What a shame." I whispered to Ashley. 

"At least they have the family on their side." She whispered. 

"True." 

Both girls were quiet for a few long seconds, and I wanted to bust in there and give them both big hugs. 

They started talking about childhood memories after that, and I went to go sit down again. But Ashley stayed. 

After about 10 minutes, she started motioning frantically for me to come back. 

"So I met Trinity in a coffee shop one day. We clicked easily. We had just the best time ever at a party, and then we've been best friends ever since. She's the best friend I've ever had. I love her more than anyone in the whole world. She made life enjoyable again. She brought me to the Spirit, giving me the best friends ever. And I still talk to my high school friends, but not as often. And honestly...." Katie trailed off. 

Ashley and I looked at each other, and I was excited about what she'd say next. 

"Honestly what?" Asked Kennedy. 

"She's got no idea, but she saved my life." 

My eyes widened, as did Ashley's. 

"You two are meant for each other!" She mouthed. 

"What the fuck am I doing?" I mouthed. "I could have had her this whole time?" 

"What is it?" Devon asked from the couch. 

I just turned to her with my mouth gaping. 

"Close your mouth, Trin. You'll catch flies." Tara joked. 

----------

Katie's POV

After we talked for another hour, Kennedy left and I never left the room. I had a lot to think about, and I fell asleep before Trinity came in.